Thread: Lenovo A1 Tablet Stolen

Lenovo A1 Tablet Stolen

In case if my Lenovo A1 Tablet stolen, is it possible to block the tablet? You might have seen that some Android phones have this feature. There are several features available for new Android phone like remote locking, GPS tracker, remote data delete etc. Since the Tablet also contains most of the feature and even it is running same Android OS.

Do you think that it can be locked when a person who stole a Tablet connect to the internet or wifi? What detail should I need for that?

Currently I have EAN code, UPC code, S/N and MO.

Re: Lenovo A1 Tablet Stolen

Currently Lenovo have this feature only for Laptops but not yet for the Tablets. For laptops, they have added a special feature to the BIOS. It can be traced via IP address but I am not sure about it yet. But since you are using an Android tablet there is app called Android Lost which will offer you the remote find and wipe capability for any Tablet. If you must install this app and it asks for you to set a password with your can hardlock the SIM slot. If you Tablet does not have a SIM slot, then I don’t think that it will work but still it is a best choice for some tablets.

If your Tablet is really running then I have a good solution. It is not only for Lenovo tablet but it works for all android tablets. If your Android A1 tablet does allow you to install the app, then you can easily install the app from Android play store. Look for an app called Plan B. You can find it easily on the Android market. Install it on your Tablet and authenticate with the Gmail address. It will automatically start sending phone’s location to that Gmail address using the data connection. You can locate the phone using your friend’s Android phone or tablet easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeru View Post
    In case if my Lenovo A1 Tablet stolen, is it possible to block the tablet? You might have seen that some Android phones have this feature. There are several features available for new Android phone like remote locking, GPS tracker, remote data delete etc. Since the Tablet also contains most of the feature and even it is running same Android OS.

Do you think that it can be locked when a person who stole a Tablet connect to the internet or wifi? What detail should I need for that?
    Tracing a lost or Stolen Android tablet or any device is not tricky because there are already few technologies available to help you in this kind of situations. Computrace theft protection has announced theft tracking software for Android tablets. The name of that software is ‘Device Freeze’. With this software user can lock the tablet or Android device remotely. Once the tablet is locked, a message will appear on the screen. There is a GPS like module integrated in this software which will allow you to establish virtual geographical boundaries. When your tablet crosses those boundaries, it will alert the user of the tablet. The Computrace team can anytime collect the location info of the device to track it down. It is a service available for Android tablet with the agreement of Annual subscription. It is a good option for businesses as well as private owners who wants to keep their Tablet data safe.

Actually the Lenovo does not have special service or software for A1 Android tablet to track down it but you can rely on other options which will work perfectly on any condition. They are actually not third party provider. There is a new app called Kaspersky Tablet Security, which is specifically developed for Android-based tablets to provide specialized security and protection against malicious software. The main feature is the inviolability of personal data. It is useful when your device get lost or stolen. There is also a remote lock system to block and wipe the device completely to make the device unusable or inaccessible. Data will be wiped out 100%. Next thing is you can locate the device using the GPS feature. Also you can locate using GSM network or by the help of wifi hostspot, if device is connected to it. Mugshot function will secretly capture the phone via built-in camera and send it to the real owner. This app is certified only for Android tablets.

I saw the world first antitheft technology for android tablets at Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2012 which was held few months back in Las Vegas. A company has first introduced the theft recovery software which works somewhat similar like LoJack for laptops but this time it is only for Android tablets of any. The company name is Absolute Software. They have clearly shown about how users can track and recover their stolen device.