Thread: Blackberry Torch Browser icon disappears randomly

Blackberry Torch Browser icon disappears randomly

I have been using Blackberry Torch and things were going well and I did not had any issues but today I have noticed that the Browser icon is missing from the phone. I have not changed anything so I am running out of ideas in tracking out what might have caused the same. I don’t think I am missing out anything. I have checked out for the same on the web and have found others facing the same but their case were different, I mean most of them were having this issue after updating the software of the phone but I have not yet done anything like that.

Is there anyone else who has come across or faced this issue and has any idea about it?? Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Blackberry Torch Browser icon disappears randomly

I think that you might have by mistakenly hidden the browser icon while making some settings, so to check out the same go to Menu> click menu button> select show all and then check out for the browser icon. If you are getting the browser icon there and it is appearing as dimmed then you have somehow managed to hide it. To get it working normally just highlight the browser icon and then click on the Menu button and un-check the Hide option. When you are done with the same then the browser icon should appear.

Since you have mentioned that it has disappeared suddenly you can also try changing the theme and see if you are able to get it back. If that’s not helping then go in to Options | Advanced Options | Host Routing Table and after selecting the bold entry click on the menu key and select the Register Now option. When you do this you will get a registration message from your carrier and after a reboot you should get the Browser icon back. Just check out these things and let me know which mentioned trick is helping you out.

So now I have checked out for the hidden thing and I am not able to see the browser there, the other icons like Internet Browser, t-zones, Wi-Fi Browser are appearing and they are not hidden as well. Other than this I went in to the Options | Advanced Options | Host Routing Table and have selected the Register Now option and have got the registration message from my carrier as well and I am still not getting the icon. I have found some people mentioning that a soft reset has helped them out in similar cases but I have tried out the same and it is not making any difference in my case. Is there anything else that I can try out here, is there anything else that I need to check out? Any further help regarding this issue will be highly appreciated.

I just wanted to know that have you tried resending service book, if not then try out the same and let me know the response you get. If you are not aware of the steps for resending the service books then follow the below steps:
    • First take out the battery from the phone wait for 30 seconds, insert the batter again and turn on the phone.
    • Now from the device go to Options> Advanced Options> Host Routing Table>menu>then select 'Register Now'
    • When you are done with the same then Log into your providers BIS site and click on help and then click on the link for resending the service books, just to explain the same if you are on T-Mobile then simply Log into your my T-Mobile account and then select 'Setup BlackBerry Internet Email' then Select (left menu box) 'Service Books and finally select 'Send Service Books'.

Just try it out and see if the issue is getting solved that way. Best of luck.