Thread: Unable to move Lenovo IdeaPad A1 apps to SD card

Unable to move Lenovo IdeaPad A1 apps to SD card

I am using the Lenovo IdeaPad A1 and very happy with this. The only problem is that, I am not able to move the application into the memory card. It was not a problem with my earlier devices where I was using the same card. I tried to move all the applications one by one and all the times it ends up with an error except two small apps for which it does not showed me any error. For some of the applications, I found that the "Move to SD" button is grayed out. I am not able to understand that what is the thing I am missing here? Please help me to find out some workaround for this. Thank you so much in advance for replying.

Re: Unable to move Lenovo IdeaPad A1 apps to SD card

What is the version of Android you are running on your Lenovo IdeaPad A1? Is it Android 2.2? I would like to tell you that if you want to move the applications from the phones internal memory to your memory card hen it is very important to have the Android 2.2. I don’t think that there is any alternate way to do this. Other than this the app which you are going to move must also have support for this version otherwise that is not going to function.

Hey, I don’t think that this is because of the android version that you are using on your device. If the developer of the application has set that application to work on the internal memory then this is not possible to move that application to SD card with normal method. I am also not able to understand the reason for this. Why they want us to waste our limited internal phone memory. It is also not possible for you to delete that application if you want to do it because they have also put restriction on that. If you really wish to delete that then there is just option for you and that is to root your phone. But it is risky to root our phone because if you have less knowledge of that and you did something wrong then you might lose your phone permanently. Other than this, rooting your phone will also void your warranty. So do it on your own risk.

Apps2SD is also an good application if you wish to move/install the applications on external memory card. I am using the same for such tasks. It is having very user friendly interface so that you will not have any problem to get it understand. Just click on settings and from there select “Application” and select Manage Applications. There you will get two options for applications and that is “Move to SD card” and “Move to phone”. I hope it will be helpful for you as well.

Note: This will only move the applications that are installed by you and all the applications which are preinstalled cannot be moved.

If you want to transfer the applications directly to the memory card from the phone memory then this is not possible. If you want to do that then you can simply put that into the computer and after that transfer that into the phone memory card. It is not true for the default applications cannot be moved, they can but with little tweak. Other than this, you can also make use of the PC suit to install that from your computer. When you try to install that from PC suit then that will ask you for the location to install and at that time you will have to select the memory card for installation. After that, all the other steps are normal and you can simply follow the instructions on the screen.

While you are moving the applications then does it gives you the error message as “not enough memory” or something like this? If you are getting this problem then it clearly indicate that space required for that application is less than the space you are having on your phone. Just check for that and if that is true then remove some of the applications or any other stuff from your card to free the space and then try to transfer that application to the card. You can also get memory card of more capacity.