Thread: High Cpu usage of Face Recognition utility on Dell XPS

High Cpu usage of Face Recognition utility on Dell XPS

I have bought a new Dell XPS laptop for my personal use last week and I must say it’s an awesome laptop that works smoothly without giving any sort of problem. Now let me tell you something about myself, I am a lazy guy and also I have bad memory. I keep on forgetting things including my own password (they are the most complicated thing to be remembered I guess), therefore for protecting my laptop i activated Fast Access service i.e. face recognition. The only thing I need to do when the laptop starts is to show my face towards the camera, my face is recognized and then everything is done without me doing anything more other than watching on the camera. It’s a best thing for a system protection.

As already said there’s no issue with the laptop but this service seems to be eating up my CPU usage beyond the expectation which is quite annoying. When I check I noticed that this Fast Access Service is using 2 or 3% of my CPU each time I access the Face recognition. As far as I know I think this services actually should not use any CPU at all (the percentage level should be near around 0%). Also my Welcome page is off then how come such thing is happening. I can only request to help me out otherwise I will have to uninstall the service which would be broken..

Re: High Cpu usage of Face Recognition utility on Dell XPS

If you think that you can get a solution other than uninstalling it then let me tell you that you have completely mistaken my friend. There is no other option left by you, you have to however uninstall it if and only if you want to get rid of this unwanted CPU usage and improve your CPU utilization along with rich performance. Don’t think that I am simply providing you a blind solution. Even I am one amongst you who faced this much similar problem. In my case I wasn’t able to get an accurate face reading. I was very much fed of it, every time I use to start my laptop face recognition used to start and from there the problem starts. Even after wasting a long time and staring at the camera for proper face recognition I used to end up getting a negative result. The only way left for me was to entirely uninstall it. Uninstall it if possible.

Look simply just uninstalling doesn’t seems to be a solution I think as you are completely losing a service from your system without finding a proper fix for its issue. It would be more reliable if you suggest a user to uninstall and then again reinstall the utility if possible. Anyways I will suggest the same. After you uninstall it make sure that you download it again after few days or weeks probably. Hope you must be know the procedure of uninstalling it but if in case you prefer to follow my suggestion and get it again then see to it that you first log into your very own Dell Account and the download it from official site.

I did the same recently few days ago. but during the time of facing the issue I the first think I did was disabled it completely believing that I would enable it again whenever the issue will be resolved After few boots don’t know for what reason it automatically used to get enabled again without my knowledge making the problem more worse. Whenever it enabled again alongside the boot time also used to increase. Just looking into this worse condition I simply decided to uninstall it and get it later on as I was well aware of the procedure to get it back into the machine.

OK! Hope this might work for you. What you need to do is first log into your machine then on your Task bar icon right click and then select FastAccess. I guess you might get the FastAccess window, just disable the FastAccess for a while by clicking on "Disable FastAccess Temporarily". By doing so I am sure that your problem regarding the CPU usage will be resolved. FastAccess service from now onwards won’t use your CPU at all at least not more than your expectation. The main use of “Disable FastAccess Temporarily” is to terminate all the activities that are related to FastAccess. This option has been found very much useful to that user who prefer switching to other account within the same machine and due to which the system camera is always turned on in order to track and recognizes the faces. Also remember that this option might not prove helpful for those users who are in Face login mode, this is because according to the FastAccess feature the fastaccess has the ability to idle itself with few second after a successful login.

After following the same procedure now in my case I have noticed drastic changes in the CPU usage, it is currently 0.3%. You know the best part about doing this is that from now even your camera will stay turned off until and unless you are at the login screen for the login purpose or else try to use it for some other thing. This solution should definitely work not just for you but for everyone facing this problem.

Really Face Recognition is one of the best and the most interesting thing if learned about it carefully. There are certain things that are to be noted down whenever you are working with the Face Recognition:
    • FaceAccess is one of the most complicated services that is provided to you by your system. Remember that it is biometrics and therefore it takes lot of time just for getting things right and recognize your face properly, also you must know that 75% of the job depends upon you. It won’t be able to recognize your face properly until you get the perfect angle and help the service to catch the image. Just because of this reason this services works slowly but however it works in such manner just for your goodness so never takes this app as negatively whenever it works slowly.
    • Always see to it that at the time of face recognition on your login screen the green square is getting your face properly without any trouble. Until and unless there’s no green square believe that the FastAccess is failing to track your face correctly. Mostly such green square failure occurs while you are trying to login to your system in a dark room where your face is not being seen and clearly identified. So better always be on light and open area where your camera is able to see your face clearly without any trouble and also the green square is able to track the same.
    • For a successful Face Reorganization make sure that you be calm and watch your monitor screen properly as possible, this might help you out in getting out of the Face Recognition as soon as possible with having any trouble.