Thread: Laptops from dell outlet are worth or not

Laptops from dell outlet are worth or not

I have four desktop systems at my home. Now i wanted to buy a Laptop for my personal use. So i decided to go with any model from Dell. But after reading some article on web, i found some good as well as bad reviews about Dell outlet. What you guys think about the same ?

Tell me whether it would be a worth experience if I purchase laptop from Dell outlet itself ? I am waiting for your prompt replies. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Laptops from dell outlet are worth or not

I did not got any major issue with my Dell laptop which I purchased from Dell outlet. For your information following are the major categories of Dell laptop at Dell outlet:
    • Certified Refurbhised: are the laptop which are sold or returned by the user. They get tested and refurbished 100%. This kind of laptops would have same kind of warranty as per the new product.
    • Previously Ordered New: these are the laptops which are ordered by the user but there were not shipped to the user. Such laptops were not used by any users and it has same warranty as that of new product.
    • Scratch & Dent: Such laptops has dents or dings and working fine without having any major issue. Even warranty remains for the same as well.
    • I recommend to purchase the laptop from outlet. You will get warranty for the same as well. The biggest advantage of purchasing from Dell outlet is that exact thing for what you are looking for.

There are few things that should be considered while purchasing laptop from Dell outlet. Such as:

Make sure that what kind of product you are getting at Dell outlet. In case you are getting refurbished model then it was returned by the user. So it is completely different from overstock model. Also take care that full warranty of the product is offered. In case they are offering warranty of 30 days rather than that of 1 year, it implies that product could cause an issue in future.

You will get value for money while purchasing products from outlet. For eg if any laptop is available in the market for $1200 then same laptop will be available at outlet at $600 or similar price.

Finally you would like to know that model that are offered at outlet store seems to be couple of model behind as compared to current model. Personally I don’t have any problem purchasing Dell refurbishes laptop as they are offer 1 year warranty as well. Also it does not mean that laptops sold at outlet were failed one.

According to my experience they are supposed to provide quality products to all the users. We can consider as refurbished model same as that of new one. I am damn happy with Dell hardware. They are providing great customer support as well. If you are getting the same what you were looking for, than i recommend that you should purchase the one. There would not be any major issue if you purchase products from Dell outlet.