Thread: Is it possible to use 64GB or above expandable memory on HTC Evo

Is it possible to use 64GB or above expandable memory on HTC Evo

Hey guys I am willing to get HTC EVO 4G LTE and I have found some people who have bought the phone from Sprint for $199 with a two-year contract have mentioned that the phone is quite compatible with the Micro sdxc and one can simply insert a 64 gig Micro sdxc card and enjoy the 64 gig of external storage. I am not very sure about the same so that’s why I wanted to know if it is true or not, I have asked the same to some of my friends and they said that it a rumor?? Any suggestion.

Re: Is it possible to use 64GB or above expandable memory on HTC Evo

As far as I am aware and considering the official specification of the phone it has an internal storage of 16 GB and can be expanded up to 32 GB. This is what I have found:
    • Modes- CDMA 800 / 850 / 1900 LTE 1900
    • Weight- 4.7 oz (133 g)
    • Dimensions- 5.3" x 2.7" x 0.35" (135 x 69 x 8.9 mm)
    • Battery- Standard battery, Li-Ion 2000 mAh, Up to 7 h 30 min
    • Display- Type: LCD (Color TFT/TFD), Resolution: 720 x 1280 pixels, 4.7" diagonal, Colors: 16.7 million (24-bit)
    • OS / Platform- Android version 4.0.4
    • Processor- 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4dual-core
    • Memory- 16 GB internal storage, raw hardware, 12.7 GB internal storage, available to user, 1 GB RAM

I really don’t think that it can be expended to 64 gig of external storage using 64 gig Micro sdxc cards.

I will like to inform you all that the SDXC cards can be used in SDHC host devices that follow Version 3.0 but there can be multiple issues with the same:
    • Since SDXC cards are pre-formatted with Microsoft's proprietary and patented with exFAT file system there are possibilities that it might not be supported by the host device.
    • An SDXC card that uses exFAT cannot be used in all host devices.
    • One can try out using SDXC card by reformatting it to use FAT32 for greater portability as FAT32 file system is capable of supporting SDXC's maximum capacity of 2 TB.
    • The FAT32-formatted SDXC cards can only be used in the host device only if it is capable of handling 64GB and larger volumes.

Hope that’s enough for clearing your confusion guys??

I think that I will better test it out myself as things are still not cleared to me. After going through a no of threads on the web this is to be done to get the 64 gig of external storage even though the official specs are saying that it can be just expanded to 32 gig.
    • Get a 64 gig Micro sdxc card and put it in the phone.
    • It won’t be doing well for the first time but we will get a option to re-format the card.
    • After formatting the card the FAT problem will be solved and then the card will work fine.

I want to make it clear that this is not what I have tried and I am not sure about this. This is just what I have found some people mentioning who have got the 64 gig Micro sdxc card working in HTC EVO 4G LTE.