Thread: On Toshiba Satellite A105 SD card reader has stopped working

On Toshiba Satellite A105 SD card reader has stopped working

Hi guys I am using Toshiba Satellite A105 laptop and i am facing problem with the card reader in my laptop. Normally I use to transfer music and photos to the SD card from my laptop and it was working properly but before few days when I inserted my SDcard in my laptop, it wont recognized it.

First I thought that problem would be with my SDcard hence i tried another memory card but still the same problem. I have searched on the internet regarding the solution for this issue and I have found many users facing the same problem with their laptop and have solved this issue by performing the system restore and that is why I have performed system restore in my laptop but after doing that also problem didn’t get solved. If anyone have solution for this problem then let me know. Thank you in advance,

Re: On Toshiba Satellite A105 SD card reader has stopped working

You should open device manger in your laptop and then you have to check whether same your card reader device is listed there or not? If card reader device is not listed there or it is listed with the exclamation mark then it mans problem is occurring because of the drivers.

i will suggest you to open Toshiba official site and then search for the Toshiba Satellite A105 laptop and then download drivers for the SD card reader in your laptop and then install it in your laptop. Now install that drivers and then restart your laptop. After restarting your laptop you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not?

Re: On Toshiba Satellite A105 SD card reader has stopped working

Well similar problem was occurred with my Toshiba Portege also and then first I have tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the SD card reader drivers in my laptop from my driver’s installation CD but after that also I was facing same problem but when I opened device manger at that time I have noticed that SD card reader was there with exclamation mark. I have right clicked on the SD card reader device and then clicked on the update driver option.

After that I have clicked on the “Search automatically for updated driver software” and then my system have searched the drivers on internet and installed and then my problem get solved. You should also try this trick and then see what the result is.