Thread: HDD Recovery Utility won’t open on Toshiba laptop

HDD Recovery Utility won’t open on Toshiba laptop

In my Toshiba Satellite E205 laptop I was using Windows Vista operating system and recently I have upgraded the operating system from windows vista to windows 7 in my Toshiba Satellite E205 laptop. While upgrading the operating system in my laptop I have not removed recovery partition. Now problem is whenever I start my Toshiba laptop and then try to start Toshiba HDD Recovery Utility by using the “0” key at that time it does nothing.

I have looked in to the partition manger in my Toshiba Satellite E205 laptop and all recovery partition was there. i tried to open Toshiba HDD recovery utility many times by pressing the “0” key start up but that does not helped me to solve this problem. I have removed battery from Toshiba Satellite E205 laptop and then pressed power button for some seconds and then I have start my laptop and then restored the BIOS default setting but that does not helped me to resolve this problem. if anyone have solution regarding this problem them let me know.

Re: HDD Recovery Utility won’t open on Toshiba laptop

To use HDD Recovery Utility you have to go to the System Recovery Options in your laptop and then you will get option to open HDD recovery tool. I am telling you this because there was similar problem occurred in friends laptop and then I he contact the Toshiba support and they have replied that HDD Recovery Utility can be accessed by opening the System Recovery Options and selecting the recovery tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahalingam View Post
    To use HDD Recovery Utility you have to go to the System Recovery Options in your laptop and then you will get option to open HDD recovery tool. I am telling you this because there was similar problem occurred in friends laptop and then I he contact the Toshiba support and they have replied that HDD Recovery Utility can be accessed by opening the System Recovery Options and selecting the recovery tool. You should also try this solution and then check whether your problem gets solved or not?
    After looking at above solution I have tried to look for System Recovery Options In my Toshiba Satellite E205 laptop to start HDD recovery utility but I didn’t find system recovery option? Please let me know the steps for opening system recovery option. Thanks for your help.

I will help you to access HDD Recovery Utility. You have to follow these steps. First of all you have to restart your Toshiba Satellite E205 laptop and then press “F8” key which will takes you to the “Advanced Boot Options”. After opening “Advanced Boot Options “you have to choose Repair option and then you will see the option for System Recovery. Now click on “Next” button and then it will ask you for the login. Enter your username and password and after that you have to select Toshiba HDD Recovery Utility from there. if you need any more help regarding this then let me know. .