Thread: How to unlock Time Stamp locked drive on MSI EX400 Netbook

How to unlock Time Stamp locked drive on MSI EX400 Netbook

I received a notebook called as MSI EX400 from a client. She wants me to fix this out. As issue mentioned by her, the notebook was working fine. After a number of power failure the notebook started giving blue-screen. I checked the system. The blue screen error is asking for some reboot device. After researching that error on web I found that this is because of timestamp lock. I need some help to unlock this. Is there any unlocker available for this notebook. I tried to find some similar information in the pdf manual of this laptop. But there is nothing much mentioned about timestamp stuff. So here what more I can do to fix this out. I does not really need the data backup. But this will be the last options for me to recover the system by avoiding data backup. Is any other better solution that can help me out. Where can I find a proper unlocker for that and also how to unlock it.

Re: How to unlock Time Stamp locked drive on MSI EX400 Netbook

There is a tool called as Time Stamp unlocker. I had provided you a link for the same. Download this software and create a bootable disc out of it. Then insert the disc and reboot your system. Boot from this. Hit enter. The recovery process will begin. There will be a message on the screen saying Are you sure want to unlock Hard disc tool now. Give yes. You can see the Time Stamp screen and the unlocking process starts here. Remember that your system must not be shutdown here. Once completed you will find message that Your hard disk has been unlocked. Give yes. On the next reboot you can then run system restoration. Later on you can update the version of Time Stamp also to avoid any future errors.

http://www.msi.com/service/download/nbdriver-17195.html

Re: How to unlock Time Stamp locked drive on MSI EX400 Netbook

There is another easy way to fix this if you cannot find Time Stamp disc or if it is not working. For that insert windows installation disc. Once done go to recovery mode and launch command prompt. Run Chkdsk. If there are any error listed just fix mbr and then only proceed. This might restore the boot.ini file and fix your any other hard drive related errors. This work only if there is no actual hardware failure. As you said the issue appeared because of power failure there are possibilities that the hard drive is gone. You can check by running chkdsk. If there is hardware failure then the only thing you can do is carry the notebook to service center. If still there are bluescreen then there can be hardware damage also.