Thread: tss.exe prevents my Toshiba Satellite A205 from shutdown

tss.exe prevents my Toshiba Satellite A205 from shutdown

I am using the Toshiba Satellite A205 and that was running without any problem. but suddenly on last Sunday when I was trying to turn off my laptop then it pop up with an error message saying
    “tss.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
    I tried to turn it off many of the times but all the times it shows me the same message. So I finally did force shutdown. What can be the reason for this problem? Is there someone else who has faced this problem or knows that how this problem can be resolved?

Re: tss.exe prevents my Toshiba Satellite A205 from shutdown

The problem that you are facing is just one out of several issues because of the tss.exe. If you will avoid this for more time then you may also face the dangerous problems like blue screens or hardware failure or something else. It will be good for you if you can simply download the tss.exe error Repair Tool. It is only 2.5 MB file. After downloading that, install the RegUtility and launch the software. On the main interface of the software, you will see "Start Scan" button. Click on that button and that will start to scan your computer. Once the scan finished then it will come with the scan result with one of the buttons as "Repair All button". Click on that button and it will fix all the issues detected and will boost the performance of your computer the computer.

Talking about the reason for the TSS.exe error, there can be many reasons for this problem and I am listing some of the most possible reasons for this over here. I am not sure that which one is true for you but you can find it better after reading this:

• Some times when you uninstall any program that might remove the dll file as well that is actually required to run any other program or the operating system.
    • If you have installed some of the programs which overwrote dll file by the older version.
    • If there is invalid dll entries in the Windows registry
    • dll file might be corrupted if there is some bad installation of any program.
    • dll file is infected with some virus.
    • Some other program or user have deleted dll file by mistake.

This problem is because of the dll error and to fix this problem you can use some good dll error repair tool. The best that I can recommend you is the “AdvancedPCTweaker”. With the help of this tool you will be able to scan your computer completely. All the invalid or corrupted entries in the registry will be repaired. It is having very simple user interface so that no one will have any to operate the tool. I hope it will be helpful to you.

Have you recently installed some of the programs that forced you to make some changes to the system settings ? If this is the case then the program that you have installed is the culprit for the issues. Uninstall that from your computer and remove all its related content from it. If that does not solve the problem then you can also try to restore the system to some previous date when system was running well without any issue. This will not uninstall any of the installed programs from your computer, just the settings will be restore at that point of time.

Yes, I know that there are some virus that runs with the name tss.exe but the tss.exe in reality this is Toshiba Service Station program. If you do not like that to come at start up then there is one simple setting that you have to make. Open the run box and then type MSConfig there and hit enter. Open the startup tab and there you will see one of the options as TSS, just uncheck that option and save the changes. Now restart your computer and check that if the problem is resolved or not.