Thread: Looking for best Alternatives to Siri for Android

Looking for best Alternatives to Siri for Android

As we all know that Siri is one of the best features that have been bought to the iPhone 4S. We can have fun with that in free time but people who are having android phone are missing that thing. I am also one of them. I can’t change the phone just to have that one feature and so I am looking for some good alternative that can be used in place of siri for the Android devices.

Re: Looking for best Alternatives to Siri for Android

No, there is no need to change your phone just to have that one additional feature and I don’t think that anyone will like that. Instead of that, you can also make use of the iris. This is an application from the android that works in the same way as the SIRI and some of the times, I feel that this is the better than the SIRI. The truth is that Android has always been linked to voice recognition but the idea of Siri is really great. We operate the things in a much more natural way we can have direct conversation with the device. The software is available free on the Android Market.

The best application that I can recommend you is the Skyvi available from free from android market. After starting Skyvi you are having several ways to control your device using your voice. You can open as Facebook and Twitter status Skyvi or post new messages using your voice. In addition, you can read Facebook messages.

Key features:
    • The ability to tell jokes
    • Voice access to Facebook
    • Access to voice Twitter
    • Updating post on social networks with voice
    • Ask questions by voice

Siri is one of the highlights of the iPhone 4S. But Android users do not go away empty-handed. They can get the "Speaktoit Assistant" as a free alternative to Apple's voice control SIRI. After Apple has made its new voice recognition software Siri recently caused boost in the art world. So there is no surprise that Android developers are working on alternatives. The "Assistant Speaktoit" is one such app that is available for free on Android phones. The virtual buddy answered questions, and respond to messages created with numerous other commands in English. In the new version 0.3.9.1 has added a lot of improvements such as a weather report. This application requires Android OS 2.1 or higher. This is not as good as siri is but you are still going to love this app.

I am using the Skyvi and so I will also recommend you the same as already posted here. So don’t look for many options and just go for this one. I am sure that you will like that.

It is not just siri that makes me to switch for android phone to Apple iphone 4s but there are also many of the other features. Earlier I was also using the Vlingo Virtual Assistant in my android phone which is good to use but that does not give that feel of siri. Now siri also accepts Hindi commands and I really liked that one. If you actually want to have the actual feel of the voice recognition then siri is the best. But if you are not interested in changing the device hen you can surely go for the Vlingo Virtual Assistant.

Just search for the name “Vlingo Virtual Assistant” in android market and you will be able to download that. Whether you want to use SMS, phone calls, or navigate to a specific place - the free "Vlingo Virtual Assistant" obeys your commands and performs independently above the command action. This is also available in many languages. The "Vlingo Virtual Assistant" is already reacting to a lot of other language commands but you should not expect that it performs all the actions correctly. Anyways, if you want to use that in English only then there is no need to worry about that because it will work flawlessly with the English language.