Thread: Is there a way to waterproof mobile phone

Is there a way to waterproof mobile phone

I am a Scuba Diver at Goa and I have a very active and hectic lifestyle. I am even a trainer and have to work at least 14 to 15 hours a day. As my professional life is involved in water related work I want to know is there any solution so that I can make my mobile water resistant. Can you please suggest me something so that I can use my cell phone under water and have some time for leisure because even if I am not in diving session then to I am on the boat so can you please suggest me something for this. Hope someone will find some solution for this as even we scuba divers also have a life to enjoy.

Re: Is there a way to waterproof mobile phone

I actually don’t think that we can use mobile phone under the sea, can we! I was using a zip lock pouch in rainy season as it was the cheapest and best option available for me. Even then, in state of fear I covered the pouch with the plastic shopping bag and packed the mobile with the rubber bands. I used to keep it in the inner most pocket of my raincoat. This was the thing I used to do to keep my mobile safe from water in rainy reason but I don’t think it will help you as it’s not rain its sea. So I hardly have any idea what you can actually do.

The safest way I can suggest you is to buy some Waterproof covers. There are several accessories available in market today which can be a bit costly but it is worth to buy those accessories instead of losing a mobile phone. I can just wonder how the life is without your cell phone for 14 hours. There are companies like Pelican, iBall, Otterbox and many others which make such accessories but as I said earlier it would be a costly buy but will be worth having it.

Using thermoplastic polyurethane or silicon cases can do the work for you but remember that such type of cases will collect some moisture around the mobile phone so keep some desiccant granules inside the case with the mobile phone so it will not catch moisture around it and also make sure that you remove the mobile phone out of the case after a span of at least 4 to 5 hours. Hope this information helps you to enjoy the services of your mobile phone.

I don’t know which mobile phone you are using but why don’t so switch to some waterproof mobile phones. Some of the waterproof models include Intex IN 3030, Motorola Defy and Motorola Wilder. Sonim Technology is one of the mobile producers which are coming of the smart phones which will be able to exist in hardest of the situations.

The prizing would start somewhere at Rs. 38000 for a new one. I know may be there are limited choices available with you but I think you should have a look at this mobile phone as you can pick up one of them and make a good buy out of it. Hope this helps you in some regards.

I hope you will be happy after reading this, as I think this is what can benefit you in tones. Liquipel, which is based in Southern California, have announced that they are offering nano-coating technology as a waterproof protective solution at Mobile world Congress. The company is promising to coat every mobile as a waterproof phone, irrespective of the Production house. It is encouraging people to send their devices through the post and they will change it into Waterproof phone. I don’t know exactly it has started with this solution or not you can wait for some time as I think waterproof technology is almost here in the Market.