Thread: Kindle 3 and Kindle 4 comparison

Kindle 3 and Kindle 4 comparison

I am planning to buy a Kindle 4 in some days so that I can read some eBooks in my journey time. I am actually a marketing executive for a MNC and have to travel from place to place as it is my job requirement. Reading is one of my hobbies, but due to my job I am unable to read books on tour. One of my friends suggested me to buy a Kindle so that I can easily read some books on my tours without having any extra baggage with me.

So before I go ahead with my purchase I just want to know what are actually the differences between the Kindle 3 and Kindle 4, as some people are off the view that Kindle 3 is much better than Kindle 4. But I personally feel that Kindle 4 is the latest version so it should have some modifications over Kindle 3. Can anyone please guide me through this as I want to buy one of them before I again go on to my tours. Hope someone comes up with some results.

Re: Kindle 3 and Kindle 4 comparison

The Kindle 3 and Kindle 4 are both same in their maximum functioning, the reading experience is almost same in both the devices so if you are concerned with only reading books then anyone of them will go well with you. Most of the things are same like web browser, library, fonts, viewing mode and dictionary. Just the procedure of using things will be different as Kindle 3 comes with a keyboard and Kindle 4 doesn’t have a key board. You may even notice the price difference in both kindles. With special offers Kindle 4 comes at around $79 while Kindle 3 comes at $99. So if your motive is just reading then I’ll suggest you that both are good you can make a choice in any one of them. Because at the end of the day choice is yours

May be there are many similarities between both the products but then when you look at the prices of both the products then you will think of the differences, and trust me there are many differences on which I can say that Kindle 3 has the edge over Kindle 4. The biggest difference comes in the memory space the Kindle 4 comes with 2GB internal memory while the Kindle 3 comes with 4GB internal memory.

The second big difference is that the Kindle 3 has the audio support but the Kindle 4 lacks the audio support. Kindle 3 provides you with an option to hear music when you are bored of reading the books with its built-in speakers and headphone jack. The Kindle 3 has a better battery backup then the Kindle 4. Even in internet connection Kindle 3 comes with the added advantage of 3G wireless option, both are Wi-Fi but only Kindle 3 supports 3G. May be Kindle 3 is the last Kindle which will provide free browsing. The Kindle 3 has a big advantage when it comes to gaming. The Kindle 3 key board supports lots of games and applications in comparison with Kindle 4. Most of the Kindle apps are made to support Kindle 3 so Kindle 4 remains with very less apps options. Keyboard is one thing which gives Kindle 3 an edge over Kindle 4.

You can use Kindle 3 keyboard for writing articles and using shortcuts which becomes very difficult in Kindle 4. There are so many advantages of Kindle 3 over Kindle 4 so I’ll suggest you to go with Kindle 3 as it leaves with too many options like reading, listening music and playing games.

I have bought a Kindle 4 and I agree that kindle 3 holds an edge over Kindle 4 but it actually don’t means that Kindle 4 is not worth buying. If someone is price cautious like me then it definitely makes a difference and even Kindle 4 has some things better than Kindle 3 which I’ll like to discuss over here. Kindle 4 comes with a pre-installed application of partial page refresh which make it possible for you to turn pages faster.

Even you have option to turn it off it you wish. Kindle 4 is much lighter and thinner as compared to Kindle 3 which makes it very comfortable to hold it. Kindle 4 has a metallic finish which gives the Kindle 4 better looks. Kindle 4 give you an option to remove the ads which is unavoidable in Kindle 3. So may be Kindle 3 is super model technically but my Kindle 4 is neater and better looking.