Thread: No sound coming on my Ipad 3

No sound coming on my Ipad 3

I have recently bought an Ipad 3 and everything was working fine so far but then I don’t know what went wrong with it and now I am not getting any sound from the speaker, I don’t know why but when I am turning up the volume then it is displaying headphones, even though I am not having headphones connected to the iPad 3,is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about this issue, I have tried to search out for the same and have found people having issue with the sound but then their cases are different.

I don’t think that I am missing out anything but I just wanted to know if there is anything that I need to check out or is there any solution that I can try here to get rid of this issue rather than simply visiting the apple service center??

Re: No sound coming on my Ipad 3

I have faced the same on my mobile phone, I mean it used to show headphone connected and I used to not get any sound from the speaker, you might be getting sound from the headphone right?? If yes then better try rebooting the headphone and see if the issue is getting solved or not, if not then you will have to try out resetting the Ipad 3, for resetting an ipad hold down the home button and sleep/wake button at the same time, now when you get red ‘slide to power off' screen then don’t worry about the same and just ignore it and make sure that you are still holding down the home and sleep/wake, when you get the Apple logo then release the buttons and then the iPad should boot, if even this does not help then I think that you should better visit the apple service center and see what they have to say about the same. Other than these make sure that the mute button is not on as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Welllllll View Post
    I have recently bought an Ipad 3 and everything was working fine so far but then I don’t know what went wrong with it and now I am not getting any sound from the speaker, I don’t know why but when I am turning up the volume then it is displaying headphones, even though I am not having headphones connected to the iPad 3,is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about this issue, I have tried to search out for the same and have found people having issue with the sound but then their cases are different.
    Hey I had faced the exact issue on my new ipad 3, It used to say "headphones" next to volume indicator even when the headphones were not connected, this had happened when I was playing a game on the ipad with headphones connected and had unplugged the headphone suddenly and since then the ipad was indicating "headphones" next to volume indicator, I had tried out rebooting the ipad several times thinking that it will solve the issue but then it just did not helped.

Later I had tried restoring it to factory and even it did not made any difference in my case, I have tried out changing the volume setting from the ipad as well and I still did not had any luck, later I simply went to the apple service center and got it replaced and everything is working fine now and I am not having the same issue.

I don’t know what exactly had caused the issue but then replacement was the only solution that has helped me out in that case, if you are lucky then a hard reset should fix the issue, if not then I don’t think that you might be having any other option left rather than visiting the apple service center to get it fixed or replaced.

I have been facing similar issues but not exactly the same. In my case I was just getting sound for the iTunes and movie playback but not for the apps and games. I was not having any such issue and I think that this had occurred probably after the update I had made.

I have tried suggestions like toggling on the mute switch but the it is just not making any difference in my case, other than this I have tried rebooting the ipad several times but then I am not having any luck out here. I have tried changing all the possible settings but then they are not making any difference.

I also wanted to add that I am getting sound for the games and apps only when I am connecting headphones, I don’t know why the ipad is reacting in this way, I think that there is something wrong at the software side as the internal speakers are working fine for iTunes and movie playback and they are just not working for the apps and games.

Your issue seems to be weirder. Anyways I just wanted to know that are you running multiple application at the same time?? I mean I am not very sure but if yes then you can try closing all the other applications that might be running in the background and just run one app and see if you are able to get sound for the same or not, if not and since you have already tried out rebooting the ipad you should better try out the hard reset method that I have mentioned in my post above and see if the issue is getting solved or not.

I have found one having similar issue after upgrade to V5.1 but then he was able to solve it out later by going in to Settings/General and changing the side switch property from lock rotation to mute and then muting and un-muting the iPad via the side switch, so even you can give a try see if it is making any difference in your case as well or not.