Thread: How to make Asus Transformer TF300 work with its own hotspot

How to make Asus Transformer TF300 work with its own hotspot

Have you all read the title properly, so lets get to the question directly, is that possible? I am trying to do some kind of experimentations with my tablet wherein I am planning to work my tablet with its own hotspot so that I don’t have to use the others wifi. That’s what I am planning. So can you all tell me if that can be done or not. I did some research here and there also checked some articles in Wikipedia as well but did not get much information over there, that’s why I am asking you all if you people can help me?

I know it would be something new for you all but still I know you will have some tricks on how to crack it, I am ready to root my tablet for this process as well. any replies on this please let me know.

Re: How to make Asus Transformer TF300 work with its own hotspot

Dude what are you talking what you want to do? do you want your tablet to be a hotspot by which the other devices can also get connected? is that what you want to do? then do a Google search about how to create your tablet into a wifi hotspot, you will get lots of results there. However on the contrary for doing all this you might need a good data plan activated for your 3G/4G connection in the tablet but the sad part is that you don’t have a 3G/4G connection in your tablet, your Asus Transformer TF300 only has a wifi connection, so you can’t think of doing all such things. So even if you root or try any other stuff you won’t be able to make your tablet a wifi hotspot. Did you get what I have said here? That’s all I have got for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Katherina View Post
    the sad part is that you don’t have a 3G/4G connection in your tablet, your Asus Transformer TF300 only has a wifi connection, so you can’t think of doing all such things. So even if you root or try any other stuff you won’t be able to make your tablet a wifi hotspot. Did you get what I have said here? That’s all I have got for you.
    Are you serious that I won’t be able to do that? God! I was already thinking about it anyways if it isn’t happening then can you all tell me when is the 3G version or possibly LTE version going to get released? That’s what I want to know so that once that is released then at least I can convince my bro to get that tablet and try to make it as the hotspot. Anyways if you all have any news about the same then do tell me about it.

See nothing much has been notified about the same all I got to know is that they are going to be released. If you want then you can have a chat about the same with the Asus support team and ask them if when is it going to be released? Probably they would be able to answer you exactly when is the 3G version of Asus Transformer TF300 going to be released. I think that would be a better option for you.

However looking at your post I am a bit surprised as if just for the sake of making it work like a hotspot you are purchasing the 3G version of Asus Transformer TF300 dude you can do the same thing with any other tablet which has a 3G support in it. there are many cheap tablets available which supports 3G you can try the experimentation's with that. micromax funbook being a good example for that. However this is just a small advise that I gave you, what you want to do is entirely left upon you ok.