Thread: Unable to reinstall Windows Xp on Dell Pptiplex GX620

Unable to reinstall Windows Xp on Dell Pptiplex GX620

hi i just got a second hand dell optiplex gx620 with windows xp on and its on a wired internet connection and it worked fine for a day but then stopped i am not very techie but had nothing but problems with it like no dns servers and the sim bus controller had something wrong with it so but fixed that but every time i would go online it would crash my browser 4 days this went on for then i started to get a blue screen saying windows recovery from a seroius error then someone give me windows xp disc and was told to try a reinstall of windows he said its easy just follow the steps so i give it a go but as i said before not very techie at all did not know what i was doing. it was about half way though it when it asked to find a file ['usbui.dll'] so now stuck cos dont know were to look or even if i have it and when i restart it takes me back to the same place is their anyway to restore the computer when half way though install or before then. please any help thanks

Re: Unable to reinstall Windows Xp on Dell Pptiplex GX620

Quote Originally Posted by chomper77 View Post
    hi i just got a second hand dell optiplex gx620 with windows xp on and its on a wired internet connection and it worked fine for a day but then stopped i am not very techie but had nothing but problems with it like no dns servers and the sim bus controller had something wrong with it so but fixed that but every time i would go online it would crash my browser 4 days this went on for then i started to get a blue screen saying windows recovery from a seroius error then someone give me windows xp disc and was told to try a reinstall of windows he said its easy just follow the steps so i give it a go but as i said before not very techie at all did not know what i was doing. it was about half way though it when it asked to find a file ['usbui.dll'] so now stuck cos dont know were to look or even if i have it and when i restart it takes me back to the same place is their anyway to restore the computer when half way though install or before then. please any help thanks
    See if you are not able to find out the 'usbui.dll' then what happens when you don't browse for the same and click on cancel or the other option that might be there and proceed?? is the installation proceeding?? if yes then you can continue in that way and then late download the usbui.dll.