Thread: Power drive failure, BSOD and Black screen when powered on in MSI GE620

Power drive failure, BSOD and Black screen when powered on in MSI GE620

I purchased a MSI GE620 notebook for my use three weeks back and it seems that I have got a faulty piece with me. As soon as I got it, I installed Windows 7 as my Operating System. I have all the latest drivers for all the hardware peripherals used in this notebook. While installing the operating system, that is Windows 7, I was running my MSI GE620 notebook on battery. While doing this, after the installation began and around five minutes had passed, I got a BSOD error suggesting that I there was a problem with power driver failure state. When I plug it into the power cable, it worked fine and I installed the Windows 7 successfully. I got busy with my work and completely ignored the laptop and never used it for five to six days. After this period, I again started the notebook but nothing would appear on the screen. It would just remain blank. I could hear the internal parts humming and buzzing. Also the LEDs on its body were lightened up and blinking. I rebooted the notebook some four to five times when finally it gave me a message on display giving me options for repair mode or start normally. After I removed the power cable, the MSI GE620 notebook ran for some five minutes before shutting down again. I complained about this to the nearest MSI service centre near my home. They considered my case and promised to repair it for free as it was under warranty. When I received the MSI GE620 notebook back, I booted it and started the Windows Security Essentials’ updates. Again after some fifteen minutes, I got a BSOD error. Can someone tell me what the problem can be? Is it possible to solve it or should I ask Newegg for replacement?

Re: Power drive failure, BSOD and Black screen when powered on in MSI GE620

You can try calling the customer care centre of MSI to know what the problem can be. But according to me, I think that this problem must be related to the hardware. Did you try changing the battery, maybe it is incapable of storing the power within itself and causing the failures that you are experiencing. MSI notebook provide an auto scanning utility which runs a diagnostics test on the system to know if any component from hardware or software is missing. You can try running this utility on your MSI GE620 notebook. Since you said that many times the screen doesn’t show anything while other parts seems to be working properly, I think that problem must be existing with the graphic processor that is used in MSI GE620 notebook. Since every motherboard used in this notebook will have same GPU, replacing motherboard won’t help. The GPU needs to be replaced to get this problem solved.