Thread: Dock won’t charge Asus Transformer TF300 properly

Dock won’t charge Asus Transformer TF300 properly

Hi everyone out here I recently got this tablet from one of the major electronic stores nearby my area. As such the tablet is looking good but the only issue that I have is with the battery charging. I somehow feel that the dock has some issues and it is not charging the battery of the tablet. I had kept my tablet plugged into the dock to charge, at the time of going to charge the battery life of the tablet was around 80%. So I thought the tablet will get charged in a matter of time. so after few hours I went and checked the battery, surprisingly the battery was not charged it was showing the same percent as it was before 80%. That means I was just under the impression that the battery was getting charged but in reality it wasn’t. So I was really pissed off by that. I removed the tablet and again I plugged in the tablet thinking that it will charge now. But no it wasn’t. so what I did was switched off the tablet, restarted it again and then I plugged in to th e dock. This time it began to charge. Now I am just worrying if I will have to repeat the same procedure again and again whenever I need to charge my battery? That’s what I am wondering? Anyways what do you all have to say about the same. Have anyone else who has got Asus Transformer TF300 facing the same problem? If yes then how did you all tackle it that’s what I want to know. Please help me out with this one.

Re: Dock won’t charge Asus Transformer TF300 properly

Yes the same issue of charging with me as well when I plug it with the wall charger however I don’t find any issue when I plug in the tablet to the PC it gets charged up. The only issue that I am facing is with the wall charger. Anyways I hope there is some fix developed by Asus on this particular problem. I will be writing a mail to the concerned asus people about the same hope they would revert back soon. That’s all I have to say here.

Re: Dock won’t charge Asus Transformer TF300 properly

Dude it is very necessary that your dock is also charged up before you keep the tablet for charging and it is being said that the dock starts charging only after it crosses the 70% mark. So in your case when you had kept the tablet for charging the dock was getting charged up, so unless and until the dock reaches the 70% mark it wont begin to charge. Which is what happened in your case. So nothing to worry about it is a common thing happens with me as well. ensure that the dock is completely charged up before you keep the tablet for charging. I hope you did understand what I am trying to say here. any other doubts that you have on this then you can clear out over here.