Thread: Best antivirus or malware software for Asus Transformer TF300

Best antivirus or malware software for Asus Transformer TF300

I have recently bought Asus Transformer TF300 and I am not having any issues with the same and it is running very fine , I am just happy with it and works great but then to b at the safer side I just wanted to know that which will be the Best antivirus or malware software for Asus Transformer TF300, is there anyone who is using the Asus Transformer TF300 and have installed any antivirus and which is working great?? Any recommendation will be appreciated.

Re: Best antivirus or malware software for Asus Transformer TF300

I think that the below are the best antiviruses for tablet’s so as for Asus Transformer TF300:
    Antivirus Free AVG:
    It is one of the popular antivirus solution, you can get the free as well as the paid version of the same, this is a real-time scanner having backup assistant, task killer as well as a device wipe feature for protecting the privacy, if you want then you can run daily or weekly scans as per your requirement, the AVG have been trying to deliver security solution for Android phones and Tablets against malware, Spyware and viruses and have succeeded in the same as well, I also wanted to add that this app has features for locating the device just like the Google Maps.
    Antivirus Free –NetQin:
    Even NetQin is an good app for protecting Android devices against Malware, viruses and Spyware, it does not drains much power when carrying out the task and that’s is one of the reason many people prefer the same, it also comes up with other security features that uses the GPS for recovering misplaced device, it can be used for remotely wiping the data from the device like contacts, messages, photos, call log, calendar entries as well as browsing history.
    Lookout Mobile Security:
    This app is just great for blocking viruses, malware and Spyware, if you want then you can check out sites like CNET and PCWorld and you will find that it has got 5 stars reviews, it also has the below additional features:
    • Secure backup and restore
    • Loud alarm to locate a misplaced phone
    • Lost phone locator with map feature

Below are the 5 Best Free Antivirus Tools for Android Tablet’s I think that you can get any of them, just go through a bit of detail regarding them:
    • Norton Mobile Security Lite for Android:
      First of all I will like to inform you that the Norton Mobile Security Lite for Android is Backed by Symantec which is said to be one of the famous security vendor, I will say that it is one of the best free antivirus tool for Android smartphone and tablet, it has a number of features for keeping the phone safe in its daily life.it is quite strong in protecting Android devices, it just scan’s malware, virus or other threats and remove them without interference. If you get it then you won’t have to worry about the personal information as it will protect them to its best, if you want then you can also block any unwanted message or call as well, the best feature of this is Remote Lock function, with the Remote Lock function one can remotely lock their device if it is lost or misplaced.You can get it from here.

• AVG Antivirus for Smartphones & Tablets:
      It is one of the most satisfying antivirus that I have come across, it was previously for the pc’s but then now one can get the smartphone and tablet version of the same, the AVG Antivirus for Smartphones & Tablets is a comprehensive security solution for Android user, it is said to be one of the most downloaded app on Android Market, it helps you to protect the device from virus by real-time scanning feature, it also helps in finding out the unsecure device settings and provide a fix for the same as well, you also get the locate stolen or lost device features apart from the other features as well, like other it can also lock and wipe personal information if it is lost or misplaced. You can get it from here.

• ESET Mobile Security for Android:
      I think that ESET Mobile Security will be a good choice for the Android Tablet’s, it is one of the leading security vendors on the PC so you can expect it to deliver good security for the Android Tablet’s as well, the best feature of the ESET Mobile Security is that it comes up with a proactive protection, anti-theft security system along with password protection, it will help you out in scanning all downloaded apps and data and will let you know if there is any corruption in the download. Even it helps one out in finding out the lost/stolen Android smartphone or tablet, there are some other features for battery life, free disk space and, running processes as well. You can get it from here.

• Avast Mobile Security Beta for Android:
      It is newest in the Android Market and it has been released under beta label but then I have found it to be getting huge attention from Android users, I think that it will be worth giving it a try, it is capable of scanning system and detecting virus automatically, if you want then you can also set manual scan of any apps or memory card, it comes up with the anti-theft feature for controlling the stolen or lost devices remotely, you can just lock phone, wipe history log as well as track device via GPS in case if it is lost or replaced, using this you will be able to check out the memory, CPU load and other such details of all the running process, there are many other features that you get with it. you can get it from here.

• Trend Micro Mobile Security for Android:
      Even this is a great product but then it is not completely free but then I can say that it is one of the trusted tools on Android Market for protecting the Android devices against malware by checking out the user review of the same, if you want then you can get a 30 days of trial by registering for the security tool, it can be called as a security tool for removing virus in short time, for one year license you just have to pay the cost of $3.99 for the commercial version, it has been listed as top 100 technology product in 2011 so you can expect to be improving in 2012.it has features like safe surfing, parent control, call and text blocking along with lost device protection, it also comes up with a tracking tool for finding out the device in case if it is lost or misplaced. You can get it from here.

These are the three best Antiviruses for Smartphone and Tablets:
    Kaspersky Mobile Security:
    The features of the Kaspersky Mobile Security are as followed-
    • Privacy Protection
    • Locate a lost or stolen smartphone
    • Secure contacts, photos and files from unauthorized access
    • Block unwanted calls or SMSs
    • Parental control
    • Protect your smartphone from malware and network attacks
    • Encryption
    • Anti-Spam
    • Anti-Malware Protection and Firewall
    • Robust Anti-Theft feature
    • It is supported by the below Operating Systems:
      • Android: 1.6-2.3 and 4.0
      • BlackBerry: 4.5-6.0
      • Symbian (Nokia): 9.x series 60, Symbian ^3, Symbian Anna, Symbian Belle
      • Windows Mobile: 5.0-6.5

Norton Mobile Security:
    The features of Norton Mobile Security are as followed:
    • Remote Locate
    • Remote Lock
    • Remote Wipe
    • Web-based Lost Notice
    • Web-based Sneak Peek
    • Call & Text Blocker
    • Buddy List
    • Antiphishing Web Protection
    • Download Threat Protection
    • Norton Community Watch
    • “Scream” Locator

The benefit of the Norton Mobile Security is that it just Protects your privacy and the important data on the device, it avoid strangers from using your phone in case if it is lost or misplaced, It helps in detecting and eliminating mobile threats before they infect your device, it is quite Fast and easy to use.

McAfee Mobile Security:
    The features of McAfee Mobile Security are as followed:
    • Detect threats in real time
    • Safeguard your corporate assets
    • Minimize employee downtime
    • Get automatic security updates
    • Stay agile and compliant

It is one of the best antivirus for Android smartphones and tablets, it can be very helpful for scanning and cleaning mobile data, preventing corruption from viruses, worms, dialers, Trojans etc it protects the devices from inbound and outbound emails, text messages, email attachments as well as downloads, it is capable of scanning and cleaning malicious code from files, memory cards, applications as well as an attachments, it can just detect malware in less than 200 milliseconds and that too without disturbing the connectivity, if it founds any malware then they are detected and cleaned immediately.