Thread: Want to root Samsung Galaxy Y GT-5360.

Want to root Samsung Galaxy Y GT-5360.

I want to root my Samsung Galaxy Y so want some help. I am using Samsung Galaxy Y GT-5360. I need to know whether I can root my Samsung Galaxy Y, is it possible. I have heard that it can’t be done I even want to know what does rooting exactly means and what are the advantages and disadvantages associated with it? Will I be able to install chainfire please help me guys hope you can come up with some solutions. I am desperately looking for a solution for this.

Re: Want to root Samsung Galaxy Y GT-5360.

I’ll explain you what actually rooting is most of the people don’t know about rooting but they go ahead and perform rooting so it’s good that you first want to know what is rooting and advantages and disadvantages associated with it. Rooting is basically a process where you get the access to the system level files or the access is given to the third party custom ROMs or the files so that the required changes/customization can be made. Rooting is the only way to make it possible to customize the phone the way you want to. In simple ways it can be said that rooting gives you complete access over the phone, you can delete the system apps which you don’t want. Hope this gives you a complete idea over what rooting is.

I have done rooting on my Samsung Nexus and trust me I am enjoying it now there are some of the advantages associated with it which I’ll like to tell you. The advantages of rooting are mentioned as below:
    • Rooting will allow you to convert the current file system of RFS to the faster EXT4 file system.
    • It allows you to remove the default applications which come pre-loaded in the device.
    • It will allow you to install the custom firmwares as well as the beta Stock ROMs from different coun tries unofficially.

I don’t think there are any such disadvantages of rooting to be discussed but if in any case you make a mistake then there are two things for which you might regret if you do it wrongly. If rooting process is not followed properly than you should be ready to lose your mobile phone. Trust me if you don’t follow the steps properly or do any mistake you will spoil your phone and it will not be reparable. Secondly rooting voids the warranty, though it can be regained by updating with the default firmware. Hope this will help you to decide whether you should root your mobile phone or not.

Here are the steps to Root the Samsung Galaxy Y. It is easy just follow the steps properly and that’s it you will be the Administrator for you own phone.
    1. Download the zip file attached (Update.zip)
    2. Copy the zip file to the root of your SD card.
    3. Now turn off your phone.
    4. Switch on your device in the recovery mode to do this you can hold power, volume up, home button together.
    5. You will see that the list of files will come from which you will have to select the file which is named as Upadate.zip.
    6. Wait for a few minutes.
    7. Just that’s it your Galaxy Y GT-5360 is now rooted.

Hope this one helps you. I have tried the solution and trust me it works.