Thread: Does Camera Translator App in Android really works

Does Camera Translator App in Android really works

Hello friends, first of all let me tell you that I am a businessman and I am always suppose to travel at some of the other country every month. Now the thing is that except for English and some other exceptional languages I do not know a single European or South American languages.

By next month I am planning to travel Europe for few weeks but the problem is that I am completely unaware of anything about that place. I have heard a lot of a kind of Translator application that is available for the Android phone. I do have an android phone with me. One of my friends told me that using a Camera Translator app I can easily able to translate any language into some other language that is understandable by me. But I am not sure with it; I really doubt this app a lot. I wonder whether it is really possible to simply click the picture of anything that we need and then with the help of a translator we can translate that picture into our required language. Can anyone let me know whether it is really possible get such kind of app into an Android mobile phone and make it work successfully? If it’s really possible then I would surely go for downloading it.

Re: Does Camera Translator App in Android really works

Yeah it is possible; it actually works great on any of the Android phone. With this Camera Translator app what exactly happens is that it runs Optical Character Recognition on the image that you click and after that the image is managed to sent to the Google for the further translation process. It means that the image is however sent to the Google Translator and from there the text is somehow recognized and then translated.

I have already tried the app with my HTC Sensation rooted mobile from T-Mobile. After I got this app what I did was took few images of some other language which was filled completely with some weird language. The problem was that the sign was too huge which went out of boundary which made my normal camera quite impossible to click that picture but camera app was able to get it clearly. It is really great for the translation purpose. I would definitely recommend you to go for any of the Translator app for your mobile and if you need a translator for your speech then you can surely go for speechtrans. It would be much better if you let me know what brand and model of android device you are having.

Re: Does Camera Translator App in Android really works

Yeah Speechtrans app is really very good but I am not sure how great it works with Android phone rather it works great with iPhone. I do have an iPhone and with that phone this app runs with an ease. I downloaded this app few months ago and it never gave me any sort of problem. the best part of this app is that it let me to communicate with other people through various different languages. It never fails to assist me whenever I find it difficult to communicate. If you want to get this application you can easily get it from its own official website. if possible you try to go for this app first and only then try for something else.