Thread: using Sony DSC-HX9V cybershot, PMB Launcher will not recognise internal disks

using Sony DSC-HX9V cybershot, PMB Launcher will not recognise internal disks

I have bought a Sony Cybershort DSC-HX9V last week. Until now didn’t used it at all. Yesterday morning when I planned it access it, found that the PMB launcher wasn’t recognizing my internal disks. There’s no issue with the product, PMB is no doubt working fine but don’t know for what reason the Launcher is creating such issue. However I found certain suggestion and instruction that described the steps for updating the Disc drivers; I followed the steps accordingly for my AMD Sata AHCI controller and Controller Console. When I checked my windows updater I found that all the things were updated with the latest installed updates. Now the most shocking thing is that how come my system is all up to date as I have never even thought of updating it since last year. Anyways my system is running windows XP Pro and the PMB version is 5.8.02 which has been already updated with its latest version so there’s no issue with the updates.

However the Launcher is able to get certain things, I mean to say that my SD card is easily being able to recognize by the Launcher when I plug it into the product. The reason I am being so confident is that I have seen the AVCHD files that are present in card with the help of the Launcher. If anyone didn’t get anything about what I explained right now please let me know, I would try to be more clear but somehow please try to get my problem solved and help me out with the best possible way. I want to make my Launcher indentify my system’s internal disk.

Re: using Sony DSC-HX9V cybershot, PMB Launcher will not recognise internal disks

Are you sure your PMB is updated with the latest version? If it’s so then definitely you shouldn’t face any sort of problem with the internal disk. It would be better suggested you to please check out your PMB once again and make sure whether it matches the latest version.

Anyways other than this, if the version is not an issue then I think you should try out switching to some other software so that you can clearly make yourself sure with any faults existing within the software. you can take an example of Picasa, now this program has the best feature of viewing the photo files and also it is in huge amount of other most resembling programs that are existing. Viewing the photo files in not the only impressive feature but also you can access all the video data that are utilizing the Windows explorer. Even I know that PMB is currently does showing some unusual behaviors, there are number of forums that have placed lot of discussion regarding it’s issue and most of the places I have found that PMB has now days also started showing some unpredictable kind of behaviors so therefore it can only be improved if looked into some other alternative.

Re: using Sony DSC-HX9V cybershot, PMB Launcher will not recognise internal disks

First of all let me tell you that I am very much sure with the version of PMB, it is completely updated with the latest version. Other than this as per your suggest I checked all the possible ways but didn’t find any such thing that could let me view the videos or other things. There were two top rated ones that I tried out, once was Windows media player and other one was the VLC player. Now in the case of Windows Media Player failed to show up the image of the videos whereas VLC did showed the same behavior. They both didn’t thumbnail or you can say images and not just this, they also failed to give the best display quality with any of the video that I prefer to watch. However with PMB things are different it gives the best experience that anyone could get. When it comes to PMB and SD card they both rocks. The video that are present on my SD card are very clearly displayed with the PMB. I am not really annoyed but the only thing that is hurting me is the ability of the PMB of bringing up the best quality and experience while watching any clip in full screen on my computer system which is actually lacking into it currently. There’s no doubt that PMB can easily load all size of images and pictures during the start up into my drive but as already I said the Launcher is the only thing that is irritating me and creating so much of trouble. Please again I requesting you to suggest me something much better that could help me out.

I too had this kind of problem; in fact I can say that we are still sailing on the same boat. Even in my case the PMB launcher was always failing to work for no reason. I did went through various procedure and solution that are posted on the forums or any kind of discussion on internet but none of the worked or helped me out in any way. So therefore I decided to go for an expert suggestion that was suggested to me during the initial time of facing the problem but for some reason I never tried it. However I did a trial with the VLC Media Player and guess it didn’t worked but it showed me a huge improvement and difference with the previous quality or issue.

What actually I did was tried some random connection and links in the Tools option and under Tools went to Preferences and then did Video to Automatic, and this however improved the display and viewing quality drastically. But anyways still there’s a long way to go. I haven’t been able to get the thumbnail image. So I guess for you this solution is half done or maybe it’s of completely no use for you. Anyways I have no issues currently was I can surely manage thing with this improved display; I don’t need a thumbnail or something on the video display. Therefore I am done with whatever I wanted and also very much happy right now.