Thread: Unable to copy files to Toshiba Excite 10LE from either PC or Mac.

Unable to copy files to Toshiba Excite 10LE from either PC or Mac.

We had ordered the Excite 10 LE (16 GB). It is our first Android based tablet so I was just trying some things on it. One thing I need to do is able to copy files on the tablet from the PC and to again copy the files from my tablet to the PC. There was no documentation provided so that I can refer and do this, it has information about how to backup the data and/on the SD card but that is not what I want to do. So I am unable to understand now what to do in this situation. I plugged in the tablet using the supplied USB cable and it didn’t get recognized on the Mac or XP. So am I doing something wrong or is there any incompatibility with the device. Being a brand new Tablet not being able to transfer file is something unacceptable.

Re: Unable to copy files to Toshiba Excite 10LE from either PC or Mac.

Transferring files to and from an android tablet can be confusing to the people who are new to the Tablet market. It is as easy as plugging your USB thumb drive into your computer and then copying files from it. If your tablet has two USB ports labeled Host and OTG plug your cable into the port labeled as Host if your Tablet has only one port then it will work both as HOST and OTG. I am assuming that you are using Windows Xp, Vista or Windows 7. Now follow the steps below and it will help you.
    Go to Settings then “Applications” and then “Development”. Here you have to select the “Enable USB debugging” option.
    If your tablet has come with the driver disk then install the drivers using CD Rom or else download the Android USB driver
    Once you have finished downloading the Android USB drivers extract it in one folder and after that double click on the file named “android_winusb.inf” this will install the android drivers on your computer.
    Now open the Windows Explorer you will be able to see the removable drivers listed from your tablet. You will be able to copy files to and from those drivers.
    That’s it see it was not hard at all.

As you said that you are not able to connect your tablet even to your Mac so I’ll suggest you a way that you can try and have a successful connection. Well one thing you might have noticed that once you plug it in and try to mount the storage SD card you can’t transfer the files it doesn’t lets you to do that. This is mainly because unlike PC, the Mac doesn’t automatically detect the Tablet. But don’t worry there is a way to fix it.
    1. First and foremost step is you have to download the Android file Transfer program and save it on your computer. Android file Transfer
    2. Double click on the .dmg file.
    3. Drag the android file Transfer application in the Applications folder.
    4. Now you have to plug in the Android Tablet via USB cable to your Mac.
    5. The First time you connect your device with the Mac you will have to manually open the Android File Transfer application, after that it will automatically open whenever you plug in your tablet.
    6. Once you have done this you will be able to drag and drop files back and forth between them up to 4GB at a time.

Hope this helps you to connect your Tablet to your Mac.

Hey, friends thanks for your replies tried your solutions on both my windows PC and even on my Mac respectively but nothing seems to working actually the systems are not able to detect the Tablet and that is the cause of concern I don’t know whether there is some problem with the USB cable or with the Tablet but it’s not working that’s for sure. This is really so heartbreaking it’s my new Toshiba Excite 10 LE and I am facing the problem have surfed entire manual but didn’t have any solution maybe I need to go to the service center to find the Solution.

I think you are doing the same mistake which I was doing after buying my Toshiba Excite 7.7. Even I was confused like you and tried 100’s of solutions someone even said that there might be some issues with my system so I even restored my system and at the end when I got to know about the problem I felt like I am the biggest fool in the business. The tablet doesn’t charge with the same port with which it connects to the PC. You might have unplugged the USB cable from the AC adapter and used that right. If you did so then you’re Tablet will not connect with that cable. You’ll have to use micro USB cable for connectivity. Use a Micro USB cable and then see if it works for you or not.

Ah, that’s seems to be pretty interesting to me. Earlier, I was trying to connect the tablet using the adapter cable and was unsuccessful with it but that was before installing Android File Transfer but now when I tried this it worked well for me. I think that was the real issue with me- the cable being used. But isn’t it weird that we have to use two different cables. One for charging the battery and another for connecting the device to the PC but I am glad that it worked thanks a lot.

I use different method to transfer the files but this seems to me the best and easiest method to transfer the files. There are quite a few apps available on the internet that let you transfer the files from your tablet to your computer or vice versa over Wi-Fi. I am using android Sync Manager Wi-Fi from quite a few times now and it’s been working fine for me. There are two parts of the app one you have to install on your tablet and another you have to install on your computer. Follow these steps to have a Wi-Fi transfer on your PC:
    • Go to the Android Market and download Android Sync Manager Wi-Fi and install it.
    • Download Android Sync Manager to your PC and install it.
    • Now run the Wi-Fi app Sync Manager on your phone.
    • Click on the settings button, now click on “Pin Code” and enter a Code this will serve as a password for your tablet to connect to its counterpart on your system.
    • The main screen of the Android Sync manager will show the message as Waiting for the Connection.
    • Open the Android Sync Manager Wi-Fi, which you have installed on your system. From the menu select Settings and from settings click on connection. A dialogue box will open, asking you to input pin, enter the same pin you entered in your tablet and click ok.
    • If you execute all steps correctly, the Android Sync Manager in your Tablet or in your PC should say Connected to android Sync Manager.
    • this will eliminate the use of USB cable isn’t it great.