Thread: Exynos Quad or S4 for Samsung Galaxy S III

Exynos Quad or S4 for Samsung Galaxy S III

Well I came to know that Samsung does not having any technological issue while making use of Exynos 4 Quad chips in US. I know that Samsung is planning to release this particular phone with different kind of applications as well as markets. European consumers are making use of 3G and quad-core mobile APs. This particular device can be used LTE, 3G and quad-core mobiles. Let me know if you are having any comments on this particular matter. thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Exynos Quad or S4 for Samsung Galaxy S III

I am wondering that LTE version is going to make use of S4 where as non-LTE version going to use Exynos. It is same as that of SII/Skyrocket line. So you have understood that Exynos is not having support for LTE for US or Canada markets. However LTE can be used with S4 Snapdragon chip because Samsung is not having much idea regarding integrating of LTE. They are blaming US carrier about the same. dual-core s4 is beating quad-core Tegra 3 with respect to benchmarks. It is having better battery and it is using less amount of power and has less number of cores. new Exynos is developed on old A9 core and same as that of Tegra 3. So there should be lots of leaps and bounds on Tegra 3 and it should be better than that of S4. It is having new as well as advanced cores.

After going through entire thing I think you are not aware of truth. Exynos with LTE capability can be used on home market for US market. as far as I know Galaxy Tab 7.7 for Verizon is having exynos and LTE capability. It should be used in countries such as Korea well since they are having different spectrum.

Personally I am not interested to make use of this processor so it does not make any difference to me if it does not have LTE capability. Another speculation I found that new soc should be having support for LTE .

As far as I know Exynos 4 can be used with separate LTE chip which has been made by Qualcomm. Snapdragon S4 should be having embedded LTE support. We know that dual core S4 is having higher clock speed and 28nm. Also it is based on newer version of ARM. However we are not able to figure out which one is better. This particular thing making me wonder whether purchase SIII or not. I wanted to know how it should be working against of S4 performance and battery life. I don’t wanted to spent my money on the device which is not better as compared to other device available in the market.

The Samsung Galaxy S III going to be a great phone if it is having pentaband same as that of Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I am going to purchase this particular phone irrespective LTE speeds even though you are having limited data plan. AWS 1700 is going to have S4 for qualcommn chip which is going to use 42Mbps network. regular Exynos version will be available for US market and international market. Could be AT&T release and using S4 on LTE version and it should be releasing non LTE version on Exynos. It is already done with Samsung Galaxy S2 standard and Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE.

I wanted to see results of Exynos Quad 4, Snapdragon S4 and Tegra 3.

Samsung GSIII (Exynos Quad 4) @ 5642
    2. HTC One XL (S4) @ 4952
    3. HTC One X (Tegra 3) @ 4842

SunSpider (lower is better)

1. GSIII @ 1479
    2. One XL @ 1608
    3. One X @ 1757

BrowserMark

1. GSIII @ 169811
    2. One X @ 110038
    3. One XL @ 102640
    Well there are several bench mark available in the market which are not tried so far. I am hoping that S4 should provide better results as compared to Exynos Quad 4. You will get better results for graphics if you consider Mali-400 GPU. Exynos Quad 4 does not seems to be consider into average A9 chip. If we are looking to have highly optimized quad-core A9 and it should be based on 32nm technology and it should have support for 128-bit instruction.

Well I am assuming that T-Mo and AT&T version are going to use S4 as T-Mo needs 42mbps HSPA radio. Unfortunately it cannot be produce by Samsung and AT&T needs single radio fall back of Qualcomm chip. We know that Verizon and Sprint needs couple of radio interfaces. CDMA is used for voice purpose and LTE going to be used for data. Exynos 4 can be used for couple of variants