Thread: is Bluetooth Tethering working on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

is Bluetooth Tethering working on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Samsung galaxy is one of larger sailing mobile phone and tablets in market. It is just because of great and smooth performance of android OS in all galaxy devices. I recently brought a Samsung galaxy tab2 and I also have Samsung galaxy S2 which I am using from last 3 months. Samsung galaxy S2 and tab 2 both is very nice phone and I really love it. I wanted to use Bluetooth tethering in my phone. I have Wi-Fi tethering but it reduces battery very fast. I setup the Bluetooth and pair devices but Bluetooth tethering is not work. Anyone knows how to use Bluetooth tethering with Samsung galaxy S2 and Samsung galaxy Tab2?

Re: is Bluetooth Tethering working on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

I have Samsung galaxy S2 which I brought few month ago. It has support for true HD quality movies and HD games. It is really nice phone and I love it too much. I am also having Samsung galaxy tab 2 which I brought a few days ago. It is awesome device and one of my best from all other device. I want to use internet in my Samsung galaxy tab 2. So, I am using tethering with help of usb cable. You can download Usb tethering application from Google play market. These apps automatically popup the menu for connection and you can quickly connect both device for internet sharing. Before installing this application make sure your device have install usb tethering driver first and after that connect usb cable.

I have Samsung galaxy tab 2 which I brought last month. I also have Samsung galaxy s2. I really love Samsung galaxy series and it is really nice. Samsung galaxy s2 is one of best Smartphone. It has capability to play HD and high resolution movies. Internet is working smoother because of great capability in browser. It has high resolution camera and all the feature and specification is awesome. In my Samsung galaxy S2 have unlimited internet connection. I am using that internet service in my galaxy Tab2 by Wi-Fi tethering but it consume better too much. So, I want use Bluetooth Tethering which consume less battery and battery working for more number of Hours in my both of device. I do it and now my battery and internet both is working fine. I tell you how to use Bluetooth Tethering in between Samsung galaxy S2 and Samsung galaxy Tab 2 by few steps. I hope that will help you to solve your problem.

Here are steps to follow for Bluetooth Tethering:

• First Enable the Airplane mode on the tab2 and make sure "Bluetooth Tethering" is unchecked from settings>wireless & networks>tethering and uncheck the box. I tried with check and it didn’t work.
    • Enable The Bluetooth in Tab2 from settings>>wireless & networks>> enable Bluetooth.
    • Do it same in your Galaxy S2 settings>wireless & networks> enable Bluetooth.
    • At this point both devices need to be discoverable. This should be inside the wireless and networks>Bluetooth settings area on both the tablet and phone.
    • Now, Go to the tablet and Select the phone to pair both devices from >> settings>wireless & networks>Bluetooth settings>
    • You can Confirm it from both devices by press yes.
    • In the Samsung galaxy tab2 you should see the phone with Wrench out beside it.
    • Finally select the wrench and use the phone as a tether.
    • Enjoy the Bluetooth tethering in your Samsung galaxy Tab2.

I also have Samsung galaxy Tab2 which is just few days older. Samsung will increase their sales because of lunching that kind of devices in reasonable range. It produce nice product with android which is all time favorite for young generation. I also have Samsung galaxy S2 which is also nice phone. Samsung all recent products create a reputation in market. My problem is that I want to use Bluetooth tethering in my Samsung galaxy Tab2 but it cannot shows wrench option. I don’t understand what is the problem? I done pairing and all but till cannot shows wrench option. Does it need to be rooted for use Bluetooth tethering because my phone is not rooted till now? Anyone have idea about that then please tell me the solution.

I also have Samsung galaxy s2 which I am using from last six month and all is working fine. I also have Samsung galaxy Tab 2 which I brought before a few days. It is nice Tablet in this range. All the specification and feature are awesome. In Samsung galaxy Tab 2 there is 1 GHz Tegra CPU so it gives good performance also. It has great compatibility for high end games. It also supports HD games too. I am using Bluetooth tethering in between my Samsung galaxy Tab2 and Galaxy S2 for internet sharing. It is working fine. I think you got this problem because you having just Wi-Fi version of Galaxy Tab2. Samsung galaxy Tab has 2 different models one is Wi-Fi only model and another is Wi-Fi with Bluetooth model. If you have Samsung galaxy Tab 2 with Bluetooth then you can use Bluetooth tethering. So, you wouldn’t see the Bluetooth tethering option in your Wi-Fi only model. If you have Bluetooth model then don’t need to root your device to use Bluetooth tethering.

thank you dkbose for your reply, I do Bluetooth tethering as per your steps and got a success. Now I am enjoying the internet in my Samsung galaxy tab2 and now battery consume less power as compare to Wi-Fi tethering so battery is working for more hours.