Thread: DELL Inspiron N4010 firmware update?

DELL Inspiron N4010 firmware update?

I have got this laptop sometime back and recently I replaced my hard drive with the new Seagate one. After replacing the hard drive I am facing some problems especially with the sound and the high temperatures it produces during the operation. So I wanted to get rid of this problem. I checked out Seagate’s official site and their forums as well. I even reported a issue out there regarding the same but the people out there told me to do a clean install of the Windows 7 that I am using in my laptop. So I did that as well and still the same results. There is nothing change in it. The sound is as it is and even the temperatures.

I needed to know what are you all opinions on this? That’s what I want to know. Should I do a firmware update on this laptop? If you can find me some links that will help me update the firmware of this lappy then please share it with me.

Re: DELL Inspiron N4010 firmware update?

I would suggest you to update it from here download the file and run it in your laptop. This is the required firmware for your hard drive. So do try installing it in the laptop and see if it works or not.

Quote Originally Posted by akkiiii View Post
    I would suggest you to update it from here download the file and run it in your laptop. This is the required firmware for your hard drive. So do try installing it in the laptop and see if it works or not.
    Hey thanks a lot for the help and also the link that you gave over here but sorry to say that this link is not working in my system. I don’t understand what’s the problem but it got downloaded successfully but it is not progressing anywhere from there.

Is there any other sources from where I can get the firmware apart from dell? If you have any such links then you can paste it over here. That would certainly help me. I am waiting for the response from your side. Do reply over here.

Ok if that is not working then I suspect you got this hard drive from some outside retailer. I wanted to know from where have you got the drive if you haven’t got it from the dell then let me tell you that dell does not provides any kind of firmware update for the outside products. That’s why finding the updates for such kind of products is not possible through Dell’s official website. However you shouldn’t be losing your hope you can do some research in Google and try to find firmware’s for that product. You might end up with some third part product but mind you they are risky. I can’t guarantee that it will work for you completely.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanaJhon View Post
    Ok if that is not working then I suspect you got this hard drive from some outside retailer. I wanted to know from where have you got the drive if you haven’t got it from the dell then let me tell you that dell does not provides any kind of firmware update for the outside products. That’s why finding the updates for such kind of products is not possible through Dell’s official website. However you shouldn’t be losing your hope you can do some research in Google and try to find firmware’s for that product. You might end up with some third part product but mind you they are risky. I can’t guarantee that it will work for you completely.
    Is that so? then it’s a sad thing for me because I brought it from the Seagate distributor. So that means I won’t be getting any updates for my hard drive right?

So I think I would have to look onto some external help to get rid of the problem. That’s what I should be looking at. Anyways you all can continue with your suggestions, some trick here and there should definitely solve the problem for me.