Thread: Software to play .mov files from Sony HDR CX110e on Windows XP or Windows 7

Software to play .mov files from Sony HDR CX110e on Windows XP or Windows 7

I have recently bought a new handycam and I am so damn happy with the purchase I was on a holiday and captured every movement and every enjoyment of my holiday on my Sony HDR CX110e. now when I am back from the holidays I am trying to watch the videos on my Pc or on my laptop but I am unable to do that so it is a bit irritating because after such a great vacation if I am unable to see the things I did or enjoyed then what is the use of Handycam. Is there any tool available for Windows XP or Windows 7 to play the .mov files? I have tried things like Quick View Pro and many such players but nothing seems to work for me can someone help me in this regards.
    Thanks and Regards

Re: Software to play .mov files from Sony HDR CX110e on Windows XP or Windows 7

I had the same problem with the .mov files and was having no way out to run the videos, so after a long and dedicated research I tried official Divx player and to my surprise it’s been working fine for me till now. Divx player now includes a new feature Divx to Go, this is a new feature which includes automatic formatting of videos to play on any Divx certified Player, now with Divx you can easily transfer your movies or videos to your DVD player. It is so tedious to keep a track of what video is in what format and which player supports which extensions. So you can just download the Divx player and enjoy the .mov videos on your System. Hope this helps you as it has helped me. The software along with all its necessary support files and codec you can find on the below link.
    http://www.divx.com/en/software/divx-plus/player
    the software is free and can be easily downloaded.

Hi, thanks a lot for your reply and I downloaded the Divx player but unfortunately it’s not working for me. First I felt might be there is some problems in installation so I reinstalled the Divx player and tried all I am able to get is the only audio conversation but the screen remains black. It’s really testing my patience I am just worried that hope that my videos are not corrupted because of any reason. Please if anyone has some different or more solutions for this please let me know about this as I am eagerly waiting for a perfect solution.

I would suggest you to use the Quick Time Player as .mov files are basically Quick time files. So download the Quick Time Player and try to play the videos on Quick Time Player it will work. There are some problems dealing with Quick Time Player which I want to tell you before you actually install the Quick Time player. If you install Quick Time 7 or later it will disable the Quick Time Pro functionality in the former versions of Quick Time. For e.g. Quick Time 6. Sometimes it may happen that the version of Quick time Player you are using may not render properly this issue can be solved by using the different versions of Quick Time Player. Hope this will help you as Quick time is the best player for .mov files.

You don’t have to download and install other media players just to play one format. If you keep doing this then you will have a list of media players installed on your system. You can easily use Windows Media Player to do the job for you just by using a special Video Codec. The name of the Codec is Quick Time Alternative it is an all-in-one free ware made for the windows package that enables the Windows Media Player to play most of the .mov files. If you are facing any problems in quick time alternative to work then delete the quick time folder using system root. You can easily download the Quick Time Alternative for the below link:

I am sure this will help you in watching your videos.

Hello, firstly I’ll suggest you to download and install the latest Codec pack as it is the one of the most important component to run the .mov file. Also I would suggest you to check whether Media Player has set all the files to Default. For doing so follow these steps:
    1. Click on the “Start” menu and after that go to the default program by clicking on “Default Programs”.
    2. Click on “Set your Default Programs”.
    3. In the “Programs” list, click on “Windows Media Player”, and now click on Defaults for this program.
    4. Click or select all check boxes on left top corner or you can select the Check
    Box next to the file types that you want media player to play by default.
    Hope this will help your Media Player to play your .mov files.

First and foremost thing I want to ask you, are you sure that you’re Sony HDR-cx110e record the files in .mov video files. With the information I have it seems that Sony HDR-cx110e records in .mts format or standard definition videos in mpeg2 format. However, whatever the video format your Handycam records the best way to view the files is by converting them to a different format which can be wmv or avi formats. There are many converters available on the internet to name a few, Brorsoft Video Converter, Format Factory and so on. You can convert the videos you recorded and enjoy the videos in whichever format you like. I feel this is the best way as I can convert all my videos in any format and use only one Media player to view the Videos. I hope even you like my way of doing this.