Thread: How to set clock on SONY DCR-VX2000E Handycam?

How to set clock on SONY DCR-VX2000E Handycam?

I have noticed a strange thing in this particular handycam which I want to share it with you all. See what I have noticed is that when you open the handycam it asks for a time and date set so once you set the timings you can use the handycam ahead but if you won’t remove the better of the handycam then it won’t ask for the time and date set. I have noticed this yesterday only when I had kept in the battery and forgot to remove it. so that day when I started the handycam I noticed that it did not ask for the time and date set. I want to know what effect does the battery have in the handycam such that it does not asks for a time and date when the battery is kept in?

Does this handycam have an internal battery that keeps this function going or is there something else related to the story? What is it I want to know from you only. Please reply on to this discussion I am waiting for the reply.

Re: How to set clock on SONY DCR-VX2000E Handycam?

See when you keep in the battery that becomes the only source by which it can extract the power however if the camcorder had any kind of internal battery inside it then don’t you think whenever you had removed the battery it would have asked for the time and date set? No it wouldn’t. so with that we can come to the conclusion that this camcorder does not have any kind of internal battery inside it with the help of which it supplies any power to the time and date setting. That’s the answer for your question. if you have any other queries then please feel free to ask here.

If you can read the updated manual from the official Sony page on this camera then you can clearly see that this camera has a small little internal battery. Although I must admit that it isn’t showing up in the manual that is being provided to us but the updated manual in the Sony’s official site shows that. so with that now we can debate on that topic that this camcorder shouldn’t ask for a date and time setting at the startup. So any permanent way by which we can avoid such kind of date and time setting every time we start the camcorder? Any ideas guys? Please share.

Just behind the side screen of the camcorder there is a tiny little 'Reset' button just push that button and you will be done with that. even I had this same kind of question on my camcorder I used to suspect on what this li on battery is actually doing? After that one of my friend suggested this little trick and it worked for me, that’s why I have shared this interesting solution with you. Now this trick wont work if your internal battery is dead. If it is dead then you will require some kind of servicing work to make that battery alive.