Thread: How to connect Sony DCR-SR32E Handycam on windows 7 via usb?

How to connect Sony DCR-SR32E Handycam on windows 7 via usb?

Hey guys need your help on this one. Recently I got this particular handycam from chroma and I am finding difficulty in connecting the handycam to the pc because PC is not recognizing its usb hence that’s the reason why I am not able to transfer the pictures and videos from the handycam to the PC. I have checked and updated all the drivers in the system. Even this handycam is new, so what do you all think what can be the problem. I also have a sony cybershot digicam but with that I can easily transfer the pics into my system?

Then what’s the problem with this handycam? Is the PC to be blamed or handycam or the usb cable who is the culprit. Please reply on to this question as soon as possible because this is something that is frustrating me a lot.

Re: How to connect Sony DCR-SR32E Handycam on windows 7 via usb?

I think this problem has something to do with the PMB I.e. Picture Motion Browser. May be that program isn’t launching when you connect the handycam to the PC. How to find the PMB in your PC? You will get in the control panel, Devices and printers. Check the PMB in that list. You will be able to find there. Now once you have found there. Start PMB, select the file, and click on import media files. Select whatever files you want to import to your system from the handycam.

Once done with that you can unplug the usb from the PC and switch off the handycam. In case if you want PMB to be launched every time you plug In the handycam to the system. Then for that what you need to do is. in PMB. Go to tools, under that settings, and then click on import. Inside that a dialog box will appear in front of you. check the ‘Import with PMB when a device is connected’ option. That’s what you should be doing. I hope this small information from my side does helps you.

Dude I suppose you haven’t read the entire thing what I have said In the above post see what I am saying over here is that when I tried plugging in the handycam nothing happens to the PC. As advised by you I also checked for the PMB but it was not to be found in the control panel. I searched it somewhere on running PMB. I didn’t get an option of importing the files to the system. So the issue is clear handycam is not detected by the PC. Now what is want to know is that who is the main culprit of the problem that’s what I want to know. Now who can tell me about that?

I hope you will look into this problem again and will come up with some relevant solution for the problem.

Thanks in advance.

May be the usb port from where you are connecting the handycam to the PC might have been damaged. Try connecting the handycam with the different USB ports in the cabinet. If you have plugged in any usb devices to the system along with the handycam then I would say disconnect the usb devices and then plugin the handycam after sometime. There are some handycams which supports USB Streaming capability. If your handycam supports it then it is very important for you to turn on that feature first and then connect to the PC. Once you turn on the handycam, it will ask you to select USB CONNECT or COMPUTER on the LCD screen.

In case if that does not work then you can uninstall the usb drivers and reinstall the usb drivers again. still if nothing works out then I am sure the problem is with the USB cable go to chrome and get the usb cable replaced.

I know I have mentioned a lot of possibilities in this particular post but you as a user must ensure that you tryout all the necessary things otherwise it wont help.

Hey try connecting the handycam to the different computer system and see if it is getting detected over there or not if it is getting detected then the culprit was your PC only. Either your PC did not have a proper USB confiig setup or it was lacking some drivers.

Suppose the handycam is not detected by the different system as well then you can very well conclude that the problem is with the product. So you take the handycam to the store from where you had purchased. Tell them the problem. Either they will replace you the handycam or the usb cable. So try connecting your camcorder to the different PC or system that will surely give you some kind of conclusion out there. That’s all I have got for you.