Thread: Software to move apps to SD card on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and without rooting?

Software to move apps to SD card on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and without rooting?

I have found that there is very less space available on my Tab so I want to move my apps from my phone memory to the external SD card. So can anyone suggest me some software that will help me move my apps and also tell me how I should connect my Galaxy Tab2 to my PC. I have tried several times but I am unable to connect my Tab to my PC.

Re: Software to move apps to SD card on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and without rooting?

Yes you can transfer the applications from your internal memory to your external SD card this is very simple process. But this process may become tedious if are willing to move all the apps to your SD card. There are two ways in which you can do this, one is the manual way of doing it or you can even use the software’s for the same process.
    If you want to go by the manual way then follow the following steps:
    • From the home screen press menu button which is below the screen.
    • Select Settings
    • Then tap on “Applications”
    • Now tap on “Manage Applications”
    • Choose the App which you want to move.
    • Now tap the “Move to SD card” button.

If you want to use the software to move your apps then download the app called as SDMove and it will help you move all the apps from your phone memory to the external SD card.

Note that the apps which you move to the SD card will not be accessed when the device is mounted to the computer. If you get a “Failed to move application” error then the app was probably included with the ROM of the device and cannot be moved.

Re: Software to move apps to SD card on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and without rooting?

There are some limitations associated to moving the apps to your external SD card.
    • When an app is moved to the external memory card a portion of the app still remains in the internal phone memory.
    • If you are using a widget on your home screen and if it is provided by any app then you should not move the app to SD card because the widget will stop working.
    • System apps such as Maps and YouTube cannot be moved to SD card using stock firmware on unrooted phone. Some bloatware are installed as system apps which can’t be moved to the SD card.
    • If you re-flash phones on firmware, some of the backup applications may not restore your apps to external SD card, but it will be restored on to the phone memory.

Despite these restrictions I’ll suggest that moving your apps to external memory is a good way to free up internal phone memory and speed up your Tab.

Your USB device will help you to connect your Tab with your PC, but before that make sure you have KIES installed on your system. Connect one end of the USB cable to the Tab and other end to the PC as soon as the computer recognizes the connection, it will automatically search and install the drivers. Once the connection drivers are installed your Tab is ready to be used on to your pc. It will show you a message saying” A new device has been found”, you have to click on the message once you click on the message a dialogue box will be opened, now you need to select the “Mount” option from your dialogue box. Take care that you have latest version of KIES installed on your PC. Now you have to create a folder in your PC or Laptop and add the files which you wish to transfer onto your Tab and just drag the folder where you want to keep it on your Tab.

Sometimes there can be a Device Connection Error in KIES if you are facing the same problem then just go through this and hope you get a solution in my reply.
    As you connect your Tab to Samsung KIES it will show the “Resolution Connection Errors” error. Now click on “Resolution Connection Errors” button you can also find this option under KIES application’s Tool Menu. You will be now taken to a trouble shooting page. Before proceeding with basic trouble shooting you should disconnect the Cable from the Tab and then click “Start”. This will reinstall the KIES device drivers automatically from the internet so to make the trouble shooting successful you need to keep your internet connection active. Once the trouble shooting is done you will be able to diagnose the problem.