Thread: Dell Latitude ST getting disconnected when connected to Wi-Fi.

Dell Latitude ST getting disconnected when connected to Wi-Fi.

I am having Dell Latitude ST tablet with widows 7 installed. I am facing a problem of Wi-Fi. When I connect the Dell Latitude ST to Wi-Fi it gets disconnected within 1-2 minutes. I am facing this problem after the installing the windows 7. I was using the Wi-Fi for hours and hours when I had installed the windows xp in Dell Latitude ST Tablet. I don’t know how this problem occurred, How do I solve this problem any help?

Re: Dell Latitude ST getting disconnected when connected to Wi-Fi.

I had the same problem in my laptop. I was using windows 7 32bit in my laptop. I had the driver issue. I had installed the wrong drivers of the Wi-Fi. I was using the laptop with windows 7 32bit. But I think that you have not installed the drivers. As you are saying that this problem occurred after the installation of the windows 7. Windows 7 automatically takes the drivers of all the hardware devices. You should try to install the driver of the Wi-Fi and then try to connect it. This could solve your problem.

I think that the problem is caused due to virus. Your Dell Latitude ST might be infected by the virus. I suggest you to update your antivirus and perform a scan. Viruses come to your computer via internet or from pen drives. They get downloaded from with the file which you download. They are very small in size and are attached with the file. It gets executed when run or open the file you downloaded. Viruses corrupt or delete the files from the hard disk. Most of the virus deletes some of the files of the drivers which support our hardware. Viruses can come from any where even when you are surfing on internet. Don’t go to any unrestricted websites. Those websites are very harmful and when you download anything from there you also download the virus along with the file. It gets attached with the file and runs when you open or run the file you downloaded.

I suggest you to perform a repair the Wi-Fi drivers. Repair the drivers will find the fault on its own and repair the problem. With this you will be able to get connected with the Wi-Fi. If repairing does not work then you should also try to troubleshooting the problem. Troubleshooting the problem will check where the problem is occurring and will try to fix it. If troubleshoot and repairing does not work then I think that you have reinstall the whole operating system. I suggest you to use new windows 8 CP as it is the latest version of the windows. It should defiantly work on windows 8.