Thread: Dell Latitude D830 shutdowns without warning.

Dell Latitude D830 shutdowns without warning.

I recently got the Dell Latitude D830 with windows xp installed in it and it was working fine for last few weeks. One day when I was using it, it automatically got off without any warning. First I thought that it was the electricity power problem then I checked for it but the power was ok. I start the laptop again and worked for around one hour properly without any problem and then suddenly it got off again without any warning. What is happing to my laptop. Can anyone provide me the solution to this?

Re: Dell Latitude D830 shutdowns without warning.

This problem appears to be related to the BIOS or chipset. I suggest you to downgrade the BIOS of your laptop. Try restoring the settings of your laptop. This problem can also be related to the update of any drives. Restoring your settings will bring your laptop back in the same condition as you bought it and run it first time. Here is the procedure to restore your laptop.
    1. Turn on your laptop if it’s already turned on then restart it.
    2. Press F8 when the computer starts. Don’t press F8 when you see the windows screen.
    3. After pressing F8 it will take you to Advance Boot options
    4. Select Repair your computer.
    5. Select the language you want and click next
    6. Login and then click ok. Login as an administrator or user who has administrator rights.
    7. Click Dell Factory Image Restore.
    8. In Dell Factory Image Restore window, click next.
    9. Click on reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition check box.
    10. Click next. The computer will restore to the default factory configuration.
    11. When the restore is completed, click Finish to restart the computer.

I had the same problem in y laptop. I was having this problem after one and a half year. I used to work my laptop for around six to seven hours with no problem. One day I was playing game in my laptop and it got shutdown without any prior notice. I thought that it was power problem but no it was my battery who was creating this problem. When I use my laptop on AC power it works fine and when I use it on my battery it works for around one or two hours only. When I showed my laptop to the professional then he told me to replace the battery. I replaced my battery and now it’s working fine as it was working earlier without any problem.

I think that the problem is with the temperature of the CPU in the laptop. This problem can be caused due to overheating of the CPU. You can use Dell Inspiron/Latitude/Precision fan control software to monitor the temperature of your hard disk, CPU and GPU. There are sensors in the laptop to monitor the temperature. Check the temperature of the CPU and other components in laptop. Fix the problem by showing your laptop to a technician or professional who fixes the hardware problems.