Thread: How to Turn off Swype keyboard and Go back to Original Keyboard in HTC Evo 4G?

How to Turn off Swype keyboard and Go back to Original Keyboard in HTC Evo 4G?

I Recently brought HTC Evo 4G. It is an Android phone with 1GHz CPU. It is working smother and giving superb performance. It supports HD games and high resolution movie because it has Adreno 200 GPU. It is awesome phone and I love it. In my HTC Evo Keyboard is changed to swype keyboard automatically and I want get my original keyboard back. I hate the swype keyboard for texting and I am using text everyday. Can anyone know how to switch back to original keyboard?

Re: How to Turn off Swype keyboard and Go back to Original Keyboard in HTC Evo 4G?

I have HTC One V which brought before a few days. HTC have one unique and cool thing compared to other is that there are numerous keyboard Options available in phone. Htc Evo 4 comes with Multitouch keyboard by default. I know this problem keyboard is change to swype accidentally in some case. So, I will help you how to solve this problem. I will give you some step, just follow it and get your default keyboard back. I hope that will help you to solve your prolem.

Steps to change Keyboard Layout:
    • Start Application Launcher
    • Scroll Over and Go To Settings
    • In the Setting Menu , Scroll down and Tape Language and Keyboard
    • Go To Input Method and Select a Multi Touch Input Method
    • Press the Home Key and Check the result.

Re: How to Turn off Swype keyboard and Go back to Original Keyboard in HTC Evo 4G?

I have same problem in Samsung galaxy s1 which I brought before a few months. When I am typing a message at that time keyboard is which automatically to swype. I don’t know how and why but it is just happen with me. I hate swype keyboard so I want to revert back to default. Please help me guys.

I have occurred same problem when I using my HTC desire for chatting. My default keyboard is changed to swype, I don’t know how but happen. So, I read the user manual carefully and got a solution. I go to the Text Message, Tape there in blank area so keyboard comes up. I hold screen in the area where you can see what you typed. Option comes up to change to default keyboard. Pick the keyboard as per your requirement. And your keyboard is changed instant. You can also change your input method or keyboard from setting.