Thread: Reinstall option disappeared after updating Nokia 701 to Belle FP1

Reinstall option disappeared after updating Nokia 701 to Belle FP1

I recently updated nokia 701 to the new belle FP1. I am not happy with using this and want to reinstall the old one. When I tried to reinstall the software there was no reinstall button. The reinstall button got disappeared after installing the Belle FP1. I updated my phone using OTA. Is it possible that the whole button can get disappear after installing the Belle FP1. Can any help me in reinstalling the phone?. I recently updated nokia 701 to the new belle FP1. I am not happy with using this and want to reinstall the old one. When I tried to reinstall the software there was no reinstall button. The reinstall button got disappeared after installing the Belle FP1. I updated my phone using OTA. Is it possible that the whole button can get disappear after installing the Belle FP1. Can any help me in reinstalling the phone?

Re: Reinstall option disappeared after updating Nokia 701 to Belle FP1

I think that the problem is with the software updater. You are saying that you updated the phone with the OTA. Don’t use OTA to update your phones software. You can use nokia ovi suite or nokia software updater to update your phones software. They provide proper information of the update for the phone. By updating through OTA can be the reason you don’t have the reinstallation option. Usually some of the minor updates are available in both nokia suite and OTA. But for some variants the updates are released on nokia suite.

You can perform a hard reset. But I suggest you do this at your own risk. I will not be responsible for any loss you have. Take back up of your phone before performing the hard reset. By doing this your phone will get restart and it will load as it is been loaded first time. You might lose the pre installed applications from your phone such as photo editor, office suite and so on. I am not sure that this might solve your problem.

I had the same problem in Nokia 701. I updated the software using the nokia ovi suite. But was not happy with the Belle FP1. The Belle FP is having many bugs and problem. I needed to reinstall the software but no option was available to reinstall it.Then I updated the Nokia suite 3.1.1.90 to new Nokia suite 3.4.35 Beta. It is the beta version available at betalabs.nokia.com. After the update I was able to reinstall the software.