Thread: Email client not working in Nokia asha 302

Email client not working in Nokia asha 302

I think I have brought the worst cell phone of this year. You know what the email client of this phone is a big draw back and it is not working perfectly as it is being advertised. I have seen a lot of ads In the televisions explain me about the features of this phone but after getting the phone you will understand what this phone is actually, is. First of all whenever I am browsing or doing any stuff related to the internet I get a error message. Now I have checked the data packets and all the network settings in it. It is perfectly well. I know that it is not the problem with the service provider in fact it is the problem with the phone, I am quite sure about ti. Now one more thing what I want to say here is that i dont get a mail notification whenever a mail reaches the inbox, why? One of the main reasons why I got this phone is because of the ms exchange support In the phone and it is not having it till now? Nokia people are saying that they will bring this feature in the Q2 of 2012. God knows when they will be bringing it? A S40 phone having the MS exchange support what more could we ask for but after getting the phone I got to know that it is not made available yet. Anyways I have speaked my heart out over here. I want to know what do you all have to say about the same. Need to know about your opinions do reply accordingly over here.

Re: Email client not working in Nokia asha 302

See the network and the internet problem is quite old with the S40 phones and that is something that we shouldn’t bother to talk about because it’s the nokia who have constantly avoided the problem, they haven’t bothered to altelast have a look at the same. So quite a sad situation but that’s how it goes. Talking about the MS Exchange then the nokia peple have said that they would be introducing it in the Q2 of 2012. So wait for that.

Mail for exchange was something the main reason why I got the phone otherwise I wont have headed towards getting it. But having committed the Q2 of 2012 they shouldn’t delay much further in fact they should come up and bring in this feature as soon as possible. I m hoping to get it by the end of the may. Just hoping and nothing else.

Re: Email client not working in Nokia asha 302

Notification works with the gmail and also the nokia mail not any other mail especially the IMAP/POP3 mail. You know what imap is broken in this phone so the mails are not properly syncd from the phone to the server. So that’s why forget about receiving any kind of notifications in this phone when you are using imap or pop3 mail.

I wonder why the advertisers tagged it as a new business phone I mean c’mon a S40 phone and a business phone you must be joking about it.

So the only option that you can consider is make use of the nokia mail or the Gmail and nothing else. I hope that’s fine for you. Anything else that you need to know then please clear out the doubts over here only.

angry Re: Email client not working in Nokia asha 302

So does that mean I wont be able to use IMAP/SMTP ever again In this phone. This is really rubbish. I don’t understand why the hell did I took this phone. I cant compromise ion using nokia mail and gmail for the mailing purpose because I have the habit of using IMAP/SMTP. So it should work for my phone if it is not working then for sure I will be returning this phone to the Nokia care immediately. Really pissed off after listening to this.