Thread: Nokia Ovi suite Music Library not refreshing

Nokia Ovi suite Music Library not refreshing

I have Nokia N97 mini. I am using Windows 7 in my PC and the nokia ovi suite in it is not working properly. When I refresh music library the refresh never ends and never adds any songs. I kept the refresh for around 2 hours but nothing happen. It kept on refreshing but not a single song was been added to the library. Any solution to this problem?

re: Nokia Ovi suite Music Library not refreshing

I think that the problem is caused due to virus. You check out for the viruses in your computer and then try refreshing the library. If virus has infected the files of the ovi suite. Then the ovi suite will not work properly or may not perform some actions. Scan your computer with antivirus program and then check for the ovi suite music library. If it’s not working properly even after scanning with the antivirus program then you have to re install the ovi suite once again. You can also try repairing it. But if you think that repairing won’t fix the error then I suggest you to reinstall it. First uninstall the program and then install it.

I had the same problem. When I was trying to delete the files from the ovi I was unable to do so. When I already had removed the files from the disk. I tried many times but nothing happened. I found the music library database where the Ovi Suite keeps it. I had done this in my Windows 7. First close the Ovi suite and then go to the file distention.
    Go to C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Nokia\Nokia Data Store\Database. In this folder you will find a file MDataStore.db3 change the file name to MDataStore.old. Open the ovi suite and now can do whatever you want to. You can refresh your library and can add as many as songs you want to. It will take some time to update the library but it will get updated.

Check which version you are using it is possible that the version you are using its files may be corrupted and some files may be missing. Check on the internet whether the latest version is available or not. If the new version is available then upgrade it to the latest version and this might solve the problem.