Thread: Text messages shows number and not senders name in Nokia N8 after Belle update.

Text messages shows number and not senders name in Nokia N8 after Belle update.

In my nokia N8 I have recently updated to Belle. The text messages in my phone are not showing the callers/senders name it’s just showing me the number from whom I have received it. When the new message is received it doesn’t show the name from the phone book but only shows the number from whom it came. This didn’t happen when I was using symbian on my N8. Does anyone has the solution to this?

re: Text messages shows number and not senders name in Nokia N8 after Belle update.

Hi, I think that there may be duplicate entries in the contacts. Duplicate entries in the contact book can be the reason for this. If your phone finds that same is present with another name, then it gets confused and it doesn’t know which one to use. By default it shows the number instead of name. The way to fix this problem is find the duplicate contacts from the phone book and then remove it.

re: Text messages shows number and not senders name in Nokia N8 after Belle update.

You can fix this problem by copying your contacts in the PC and then deleting the contacts from the phone and again copying it again to the phone. You can use nokia ovi suite to copy your contacts from your phone to PC. Run the nokia ovi suite from the PC and connect the phone using PC suite mode. Then sync your phone with the PC. You can also copy contacts from the phone to the PC by going to the contacts menu in the ovi suite. Remove the duplicate contacts from the PC only which will be easier for you and then copy the contacts back to your phone. Before copying the contacts again to your phone don’t forget to remove all the contacts from the phone or at least remove the duplicate contacts.

I had the same problem in my Nokia X6. I updated the phone’s software and after then I was unable to view the names of the contacts in my message inbox, it was showing the numbers. I flipped my contacts from sim card to phone memory. It worked for my phone. I did not know that flipping the contacts would work for this problem. Flip the contacts by going to contacts and then to settings and in that contacts to display. Select sim card or phone memory whichever is applicable for you. When you are done with this then again do the same procedure to flip the contacts.