Thread: Restricted content gets displayed in Nokia Asha 302

Restricted content gets displayed in Nokia Asha 302

Before getting this phone I had several phones such as nokia N95 and Samsung galaxy Y. now the latest entrant in my collection list is the new nokia asha 302. Now I have a small problem with my phone. the issue is about the restricted content getting displayed. Even after setting the content lock switched on. I access wifi at my place and I have set the parental control on the wifi network. I have a cousin brother of mine at my place and I don’t want him to access the unsecured content through my phone. That’s why I always keep a check on the content access of my phone but surprisingly the restricted content thing is getting displayed in my phone. That’s the strange part of this phone. All the restricted content does gets displayed in the phone which I wonder why have they kept such kind of options. This is a mjor bug and surprisingly I cant see any of this issue being targeted on any of the forums. I think I am the only one who is reporting this issue over here.

In my earlier phones such as nokia N95 and Samsung galaxy Y the restricted content were not getting displayed. I could feel secure that my cousin is accessing those content on the web which I want to and not the rubbish thing. But the new asha 302 seems to defy all the norms and goes ahead and displays all the restricted content. Do you all have any idea why is this phone behaving in such a way? The problem is with the phone definitely? Any idea how to solve such kind of issue, please let me know about it as soon as possible.

Re: Restricted content gets displayed in Nokia Asha 302

The content blocking thing is something which is related to the service provider. I don’t understand why are you blaming the phone for such kind of damage. I think you need to better do some kind of research on this before posting such problem. You see Nokia asha 302 has no authority over the data which is sent and received by the operator. All this request are handled by the operator server . so the data which you have requested to be blocked will not be accepted by the server only. So that’s why it wont pass on the data to the phone. I think you need to have a chat with your service provider about this. I don’t know which is your service provider but whichever it be. The filtering of the data has to be done from their side. Your phone will jus only display the results which you request to. Handling and filtering all the data is carried out by their respective service providers. So I hope this message is pretty much clear for you. is there anything else that you need to know about the phone or any kind of stuff then let me know as soon as possible. I will try and solve it for you.

This is really strange I mean how can this happen? I have called up the T-Mobile providers and asked them about the content block. Just inquired if the content block is in proper place or not? They ensured me that everything is in proper place and nothing have been changed. Then why these Nokia phone is behaving in such a weird way. I have told you earlier as well the problem was with the phone because I remember that I haven’t changed any kind of settings nor had I changed the wifi settings at my place, then why it is appearing something different with the new phone. I am telling you the problem is with the phone only and not the service provider. I am worried if Nokia people are bypassing the laws of restricted content by introducing proxy browsers in their phones. If they are thinking or if they have imp0lemented then this is a serious security breach which should be reported.

Anyways I need to know about the comments from you all. Do reply on that. I am waiting for the reply from you all.

See we can’t hide the fact that nokia uses opera as its prime browser and there is no denying the fact that opera is proxy based as well. so you may never know if they continue to opt for services like these. What you can do is take any non proxy browser and use them for the browsing purpose that would be better for you. If you talk about the non proxy browsers then internet explorer is a best example of that but I don’t know if it will be available for these nokia phones. So you can check out for the non proxy based web browsers in the internet you will be able to find many.

I have one particular trick with the help of which you can check if this phone opts for proxy solutions. I got it from a nokia forum which even you can try as well. Make a *.html file and place it to SD card. try opening that file from that location. If you are able to open up the file with the content filtering working then you will be happy to know that all these proxy solutions bypass it.