Thread: How to Switch Off GPRS Settings in Nokia Asha 302

How to Switch Off GPRS Settings in Nokia Asha 302

I have bought Nokia Asha 302 mobile phone and I am very happy with this mobile phone because it has all the useful features which I required such as WLAN, QWERTY keypad etc. I have saved GPRS setting in my mobile phone because some I check my emails from my mobile phone but problem is GPRS connection in phone always shows that its connected and it consuming the balance. Please let me know how to switch Off GPRS Settings in Nokia Asha 302. I have open settings in my mobile phone and then selected connectivity option and set Ask First option in the Internet Connection but that does not help me to solve this problem. Please let me know the solution.

Re: How to Switch Off GPRS Settings in Nokia Asha 302

If Packet Data Connection is set to “Always online” then it can be reason behind this problem. You should try these steps to get rid of this problem. Go to menu and then select settings. In settings you have to select Connectivity and choose Packet Data Connection. If “Always online” option selected for the packet data connection then you should change it to “When needed” and then your problem get solved. I have searched on the internet regarding this problem there any users who were facing this problem and solved it by selecting “When needed” option in packet data setting.

Are you using application like whatsapp in your mobile phone? if you are using such pplicaiton then you need to delete whatsapp from your mobile phone and then your problem might get solved. If you have set communities notification on your home screen then you should open communities in your mobile phone and then go to the option. now select settings and then set minimum duration for the “automatically update my phone’s home screen” or you have to remove communities from home screen. If you have set up email account In your phone then make sure that it is not running continuously many times this problem takes place due to email client also. I hope with the help this information you will be able to solve this problem.

I am not using whatsapp in my mobile phone and I have also changed the automatically update settings from the communities in my Nokia Asha 302 mobile phone but after doing that also problem does not get solved. Now after that I have deleted GPRS setting from my mobile phone restarted my device and then I have done GPRS setting manually but that does not make any difference. Is there any other way to switch GPRS in my phone? Any help will be appricated.

Perform below steps in your Nokia Asha 302 mobile phone and then you have to check whether it helps you or not?

• Go to menu.
    • Select settings.
    • Choose configuration
    • Open personal config settings.
    • Now you have to select create new option and don’t enter any value.
    • Press back button

Now after creating the dummy web setting you should set it as default and then you have to enable it. You have to make sure that internet connection is set to ask first. After doing that your problem will get solve and when you try to use internet at that time it will ask for which access point to use at that time you have to select your original access point.

If above solution does not help you solve this problem then you should take backup of all the data from your mobile phone such as contacts, messages and calendar entries and then perform factory reset. After resetting your mobile phone you have to check whether GPRS problem get solved or not? If your problem get solved then you have to restore your data in your mobile phone. if you need any more help regarding this then let me know.