Thread: Downloading APSServer V2 on nokia

Downloading APSServer V2 on nokia

i am with my nokia phone and quite satisfied with its functionality. I make use of phone for internet purposes and try with different software’s which are updated from time being. But I recently heard regarding an Software Development Kit such as Audio Proxy Server (APS) version 2.3 which is simple API wrapper to the S60 3rd Edition sound device. In addition it also supports audio streaming and many more additional advantages, I require more information regarding the same , additional purposes and some means in which we can download it. So can you guys please help me out of this . has anyone used it previously. I have many guys which are with the same concern.

Re: Downloading APSServer V2 on nokia

Hey guys, to add some more information , I need to say that Audio Proxy Server (APS) is a wrapper to the S60 sound device. And its main principle is to bypass the Vendor ID (VID) associated restrictions on S60 3rd Edition along with S60 3rd Edition as well as FP1 platforms, when you are streaming audio data in 3rd party applications. The constituent is mainly appropriate for VoIP developers who require to set the suitable audio priority along with preference values in order to make use of full duplex audio. As you previously stated that it supports audio streaming and makes use of AMR G711 and G729 , iLBC along with PCM (APS v1.1 only) codecs. Latest APS release is 2.4.3 and this will enable underflow notifications for the playback stream. In addition client will receive a message with status KErrUnderflow (-10) on play communication queue, when you will tend to play data queue underflows.

I am having some idea regarding the same. I am having nokia n81 8GB. I am not knowing much concerning APSServer , but I am not knowing whether i require APSServer v2 to install any software. So I am also not knowing the process of installing the same. I made several attempts to install a software and my it came into my concern that mobile was saying "update error". I was hoping that it would be fine in my case after making an update. So updated my mobile software. So I don’t know whether it is because of APSServer v2? So can you provide further possible solutions with which I can solve this.

So I came across this term and found it to be very interesting. I came to know that the downloadable package comprises of separate versions for S60 3rd Edition as well as S60 3rd Edition FP1. You should make a note of one thing that nokia is not giving any binary compatibility promise for this API; neither between platform versions or else within a platform version. You also need to make some testing of your application with each device that the application can be installed on. This is required to make sure the best probable user experience. To avoid application installation on other than tested devices, you also need to define the Product IDs that too in the .pkg file.
    It can be considered as a wrapper for DevSound (CMMFDevSound) streams. Some of the advantages it comprises of are
    • it will tend to support simultaneous playback as well as recording (full-duplex)
    • Audio is compacted using a low-bitrate codec, appropriate for speech encoding
    • it in addition, provides loudspeaker control
    • you are able to enables playback/recording access to CS telephony streams . in addition, Symbian OS Multimedia Framework previously offers audio streaming APIs. There are many users which are having doubts why we make use of APS instead of accessing DevSound directly and an perfect answer would be that an trusted clients take priority over unknown ones, in addition, unknown clients have limited input/output routing alternatives.
    • 3rd party applications can conquer issues caused by ‘Unknown client’ branding by connecting to APS. You can trust APS. Audio streams are produced and owned by APS, only audio data is transferred among APS and its client. 3rd parties are able to access audio hardware as trusted clients.
    APS is needed when we stream encoded speech data to the earpiece as well as when you are recording from telephony downlink in addition also playing to telephony uplink. If you are without APS there is no control over audio routing.There are some pre-requites in order to use APS. So he requires , MultimediaDD capability in addition to this, he also requires some correct values for initializing the playback and/or recorder streams along with Audio priority (TInt). APS DLL must be installed into the device.