Thread: JVC GR-DVL510U miniDV camcorder is not getting recognized by Windows Vista via IEEE

JVC GR-DVL510U miniDV camcorder is not getting recognized by Windows Vista via IEEE

I have recently bought a JVC GR-DVL510U miniDV camcorder and the problem that I am having with the same is that my computer is not able to detect it because of which I am not able to transfer video from the JVC GR-DVL510U miniDV camcorder to my system running on Windows Vista, I am using the IEEE 1394a firewire express card port, I have tried using Windows Movie Maker as well as live to check if they are helping the system to detect the camcorder but then they have not made any difference and the issue is still the same, is there any solution that I can try out for getting the camcorder to detect??

Re: JVC GR-DVL510U miniDV camcorder is not getting recognized by Windows Vista via IEEE

Quote Originally Posted by Chandramukhi Chautala View Post
    I have recently bought a JVC GR-DVL510U miniDV camcorder and the problem that I am having with the same is that my computer is not able to detect it because of which I am not able to transfer video from the JVC GR-DVL510U miniDV camcorder to my system running on Windows Vista, I am using the IEEE 1394a firewire express card port, I have tried using Windows Movie Maker as well as live to check if they are helping the system to detect the camcorder but then they have not made any difference and the issue is still the same, is there any solution that I can try out for getting the camcorder to detect??
    I think that you should try out configuring Windows Vista to enumerate inactive IEEE 1394 devices and for that just follow the below steps:
    • First go to start and then type “regedit” without the quotes in the Search and after that enter the administrator password when prompted.
    • After that check out for the this key - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{6BDD1FC1-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}\ControllerInstance
    • Now on the Edit menu just point to the Edit menu and then click on the DWORD (32-bit) Value and type EnumerateInactiveLink in the New Value #1 box and then hit enter.
    • When you are done until here then right click on the EnumerateInactiveLink and then on Modify and then type 1 in the Value data box and then click ok and then just Exit Registry Editor.

Just try this out and then let me know if it is making any difference in your case or not.

Re: JVC GR-DVL510U miniDV camcorder is not getting recognized by Windows Vista via IEEE

Hey thanks for your interest but then I have tried following the same and it is not making any difference in my case and the JVC GR-DVL510U miniDV camcorder is still not getting recognized by the computer, I have made sure that the camcorder is in play mode and the cables are well connected, I have installed the latest drivers for the express firewire card and it is appearing to be detected as well but then when I am clicking on the play then the Windows is not recognizing the camcorder, I have tried switching the phone in the USB mode (DSC) and it is getting detected in that way but then the firewire is not working, is there anything else that I can try out, I have tried out the possible solutions that I could have but then it is not helping, I am just running out of ideas now, I have contacted the JVC tech support as well even they were not able to help me out, is there some other effective solution???

Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know the below things, just answer them so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you out with the same.
    1. Are you sure that the system is having all the required drivers??
    2. Have you checked out the firewire port to see if it is blown, if you want then you can check out connecting the camcorder to other system as well
    3. Have you crossed check if the Camcorder is in the right mode?
    4. Have you tried out using some other usb?

Just check out these things and then let me know what you get for further help.

I have checked out those things and below are the answers for those:
    1. The system is quite new and it is having all the needed drivers, I have checked out in the device manager and none of them is missing.
    2. I don’t think that there is anything wrong with the firewire port and it is working fine
    3. I have checkout and made sure that the Camcorder is in the right mode which is play mode
    4. I have not used some other usb but then I am quite sure that there is nothing wrong with the current usb as I have mentioned that it is working when I am connecting the Camcorder in usb mode.

I think that there is something wrong with the software end and not the hardware,, is there any other workaround that I can try out further to get rid of this issue??