Thread: Active Sync is not connecting - Motorola MC5590 (Windows Mobile 6)

Active Sync is not connecting - Motorola MC5590 (Windows Mobile 6)

I am trying to connect my Motorola MC5590 to my computer through active sync 4.5, the MC5590 is a Windows Mobile 6 based phone where as I am running XP Pro on my computer and then problem that I am facing here is that when I am docking the MC5590 then the active sync is not getting connected occasionally, I think that there is some issue with the Motorola MC5590 but then I am not that sure about the same, I have tried rebooting the MC5590 and that seems to be helping, it appears as if the active sync app is getting crashed or locked up on the MC5590 side, is there anyone else who has faced the same and van help me out with some suggestions over here.

Re: Active Sync is not connecting - Motorola MC5590 (Windows Mobile 6)

I have checked about the same and I have found two possible solutions for it:
    • First is that you can try using some other usb, as some people have mentioned that this is some issue with the usb and using other ones helped them out, if you want then you can also try sticking some USB 1.x hub between your Motorola MC5590 and then computer as well.
    • If that does not help then just reset the phone to factory setting and after restart just fill the login information.

Just try out these possible solutions and then let me know if the issue is getting solved or not, if not then let me know I will try to help you out with some other solutions but then first try out these two things.

Re: Active Sync is not connecting - Motorola MC5590 (Windows Mobile 6)

In that case I will suggest you to first get the latest version of the ActiveSync and install it on your system and see if it is making any difference but then if the issue still exist then you can try out the below trouble shootings.
    First just disconnect your phone from the sync cable and reconnect it.
    If that does not help then Disconnect the phones do a soft reset and then reconnect it.
    If that does not help then Restart ActiveSync on the system
    If even that is not helping then try out uninstalling and then reinstalling ActiveSyncIf you still have the same issue after trying out the above solutions then go through the below ActiveSync troubleshooting guide.
    Microsoft ActiveSync troubleshooting guide