Thread: Time Capsule backup failed to restore on new computer

Time Capsule backup failed to restore on new computer

I faced the Macbook fail last night and I am trying to restore its Time Capsule backup on a new Macbook air but having some problem with that. While I connect to the Time Capsule then that is not showing me the original Macbook's backups. I am not able to understand that what else I am missing in this and where I am going wrong. I tried to do this many of the times but all the times it shows me the same result. Is there someone who has some workaround for this problem? If you know anything that is useful in this case then please let me know that. I will be thankful for all the replies for this. Please reply as soon as possible.

Re: Time Capsule backup failed to restore on new computer

When you boot the Macbook Air then that will prompt you that if you are having any of the data that you need to transfer from Mac or PC or Time Machine. Do you get that prompt or not? When you are prompted fro that then you start the restore process otherwise that is not going to work in any case. Just check that if the MBA is even able to detect the Time Capsule or not. So try to do the backup in this way and reply if this helps you in any manner or not. The Apple Time Capsule can act as both a backup drive and a network shared ride at the same time. Can you backup your own data to incremental backups? Time Capsule is about a router + HD and he did not really back up for it. It’s always a computer that causes the backup.

Re: Time Capsule backup failed to restore on new computer

Your first Time Machine backup is several gigabytes because it backs up your entire computer. It may take overnight or longer depending on how much data you have. Once you have completed the initial backup, all subsequent backups are incremental.

Tips for your first backup
    • You must allow the initial backup process completed without interruption.
    • If you use a Mac laptop, place it in the same room as Time Capsule to maximize performance (and plug your computer into an electrical outlet).
    • Time Capsule is hidden under an AirPort Extreme 802.11n full-featured. Therefore, if you include Time Capsule to an existing wireless network, you should configure it as a main base station, rather than as a network client. So you get higher speeds and avoid any slowdown during backups.
    • If you have an Ethernet cable, you can perform your first backup via Ethernet and enjoy the highest flow rate. To do this, connect an Ethernet cable in an Ethernet port on your Time Capsule and the other end into the Ethernet port of your Mac.
    • For the backup to start automatically, the AC adapter of Mac laptop must be plugged into an electrical outlet.
    • In the Sharing pane of System Preferences, make sure the field "Computer Name:" contains a good name
    Configure Time Machine to use your Time Capsule
    1. From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
    2. Click Time Machine.
    3. Enable Time Machine (On) if it is currently disabled (Off).
    4. Select your Time Capsule as the backup destination. (If you are not asked to do so and you used another backup disk for example then click on Change Disk and choose your Time Capsule and click "Select".)
    5. In the alert window that appears, type the password of your Time Capsule.
    6. Click Connect.