Thread: Setting up VPN in android 4.0?

Setting up VPN in android 4.0?

I just thought I would use a virtual private network (VPN) so that I would be with an secure network that uses primarily public telecommunication infrastructures. It had lots of other benefits such as remote offices or traveling users an way in to a central organizational system . so some of my guys suggested me to use vpn on my android as it would be secure. I have 2.3.7 working fine in my case but for what reason I don’t know when I upgrade with android 4.0 vpn is not able to connect. Just search in google regarding the topic and you will be lots of thread but with the same question. Seems there are no guys to reply for the same. So have you come across such situation and solved, please inform us as many are with the same issue so hope you guys solve this.

Re: Setting up VPN in android 4.0?

If you are interested in setting up Pure vpn access under Android , it is an simple process. The following directions will guide you through a manual connection of the PureVPN service on Android machines.
    First, choose the Main Menu button. subsequently, choose the "Setting" alternative, Next, choose "Wireless & Networks". choose "VPN settings". choose the category "L2TP/IPSEC PSK VPN". the "VPN name" option. In this screen, enter "Purevpn" as VPN name. Then, click the"OK" button. You should be able to see the screen next. Click the "Set VPN server" button to come in server information. Enter the server name in this field as offered by Purevpn. followed by, click the"OK" button. currently, choose the "Set IPSec pre-shared key" alternative , choose "Save". "Set Password" dialog box, and then enter your password, afterward click the "OK" button , you will be able to view the association just created. You will be having connection name.click it. A dialogue box will come into view named "Connect to Purevpn". Then you need to enter Username and Password and then choose "Connect". And all your entire process is finished. You are at this time connected to Purevpn.

I was with the same issue and I was not able to configure Ace PPTP VPN on Android 4.0 , I searched a lot on net but was not with definite solution.i used the Configure Acevpn on my Android 4.0 as well as my Ice Cream Sandwich devices because it protects my privacy as well as securely surf the internet without worrying about sidejackers furthermore behavior monitoring web sites. In addition, it allowed me to use the same Ace VPN account on my PC, as well as Mac, iPhone and iPad and even routers to connect to the Internet steadily.it also prevented Identity theft as well as protect my family from Internet predators. You need to make some use of following settings for Android PPTP VPN.

Name: Acevpn PPTP FL . Type: PPTP, and Server Address would be Input IP address from config file.see to it that you have Checked enabled the PPP Encryption (MPPE). You also need to see to that you leave blank otherwise make use of either Google DNS otherwise OpenDNS in the section of DNS Servers . then set your existing Ace VPN username and existing Ace VPN password . and finally see to it that you have Checked (Enabled) your Save account information.

Setting up commercial VPN on Android or elder versions is a piece of cake and you don’t worry about it. You just require to tap and you will be with your New Android Phone and you are connected. this is for those who are fresh to VPN or android along with want to setup their VPN accounts for the foremost time on their Android Phones.
    I will provide you some basic steps with setting up a simple PPTP VPN connection on your Android Phone.
    1. You need to first of all move in the Phone settings.
    2. You will be with Wireless Controls and then VPN Settings.
    3. Click ‘Add VPN’ and then tap on “Add PPTP VPN”. You will require some protocols here, but there is no need here.
    4. You require to add your “VPN Name”. It can be your name, you are able to even name it “I Do not need VPN” .
    5. Now the so-called difficult part appears,so you need to enter the Server Name. Server Name can only be entered, if you have a VPN account, otherwise you have setup your own VPN. Just make a note of one thing that if you don’t have both , just don’t try that
    6. VPN Provider will provide you with Server name.
    7. You are able to enable the encryption here. If VPN still does not work, you need to attempt again after disabling it.
    8. Do not worry regarding DNS Search Domains until or except you are planning to make use of Internal DNS Server, and if you answer positively , you need to enter them here.
    9. And then save the Settings and you are all set with your New VPN Connection on your Android Honeycomb.

I was with some question and would like to know whether it's probable to generate a VPN interface programmatically with the new VPN APIs in Android 4.0. I have looked through but this is regarding creating a total VPN client that grips the connections and so on. I only wish for to putting in a latest VPN configuration and perhaps remove current ones. There are plenty of queries like this but they all appear to be pre 4.0. I appreciate that before this wasn't probable, but one would believe that the latest VPN APIs provided such purpose. So has anybody found a means to do this, or is it still not probable? If there is a method please point me to the right course. Thanks guys.

So guys, I was not finding any means in which I was able to connect to L2TP/IPSec PSK VPN on Your Android. And it appears that everything is same as the simple L2TP VPN. The only dissimilarity is addition of PSK which indicates pre Shared Key. Pre Shared Key is offered to you by your VPN provider after you have signed up for L2TP/IPSec VPN. You then need to enter your PSK and save the settings. You are prepared with your L2TP/IPSec PSK VPN.depart the L2TP/IPSec CRT VPN;as it comes into view that these are certificate based VPN services. There are not a lot of VPN service providers that offer this, so do not get yourself in to it as it is much easier to go with moreover of the above definite three VPN protocols.

It comes into view that this is handled using the com.android.settings.vpn2.VpnDialog classes, which essentially do KeyStore.getInstance().put("VPN_[VPN ID]", [encoded VpnProfile object]>) . which then causes files with names like "/data/misc/vpn/1000_VPN_[VPN ID]" to get produced. though, according to this there is at least single app that does this without a rooted phone, but the source doesn't appear to be accessible. So maybe there's some means to do this . by means of reflection you are able to do this yourself, but since your procedure will not be running as the system process, the system VPN browser will be not able to see them.

Hello Leon.Sunny. I was going through the same problem. I am still wondering that when I was having the same problem with my Android 4.0 , I searched this query in Google Search Engine and found the pictorial tutorial to resolved this problem. May be you are making some mistakes while configuring VPN on your Android. However, I am providing you step by step guide. May be it resolve your query.
      1. First, select the Main Menu button
      2. Next, select the "Setting" option
      3. Select "Wireless & Networks"
      4. Check mark "Airplane mode".
      5. Select "VPN settings"
      6. Select "add VPN"
      7. Select the category "PPTP VPN
      8. Select the "VPN name" option
      9. Enter "VPN Provider" as VPN name. Then, click "OK" button
      10. Click the "Set VPN server" button to enter server information
      11. Now, Check mark the “Enable Encryption” option
      12. Next, select "Save