Thread: AT&T unlock Iphone is not working

AT&T unlock Iphone is not working

I have been using my old iphone4 but then I have recently got an email from A&T saying that the phone has been A&T so after connecting the phone to my pc when I went in to the itunes and tried out the updating then I got an message saying no sim installed, I have tried rebooting the phone several times but then I am getting the same response from it, I have tried using different sims cards ans I am not having any issues with them and they all are appearing to be working fine, I have tried calling att and they just said that I have to contact the apple and when I contracted them then they again re directed me to att, I had not jailbreaked the phone, is there anyone else who has faced the same and has an idea about this and can help me out as well.

re: AT&T unlock Iphone is not working

As far as I am aware if your carrier is unlocking the phone then you should see the below message after connecting your phone to itunes:
    "Unlock Complete. Congratulations, your iPhone has been unlocked. To set up and sync this iPhone, click Continue."
    But then if you are not getting that message then the iTunes will display the below message:
    "The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported. Only compatible SIM cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate iPhone. Please insert the SIM card that came with your iPhone or visit a supported carrier store."
    I just wanted to add that there are some carriers only who are offering the ability so as to use any carrier, so when a carrier applies an unlock you have to connect the phone to the itunes for unlocking the phone, when you connect the an unlocked iPhone or a newly unlocked iPhone for the first time then you get a message saying "unlock complete" and so, if you are having any unlock issue then just follow the below troubleshooting and make sure that you are making a test after each step:
    • First try out reseating the SIM card and then reinsert it.
    • Try out restoring the iphone but then make sure that the system that you might be using for the restoring process should have a internet connection, to check out the connection just load the first page of the iTunes Store.

If you are not able to solve out the issue by this method then better contact the carrier and address them the same and check out what they have to say about the same.
    Just check it out and then let me know if you are getting any help from the same or not.

re: AT&T unlock Iphone is not working

I have tried out following the solutions that has been mentioned above but then it is not making any difference in my case and I am getting the same response, I have tried using the original sim that I had got with the phone but then I am still getting stuck on the no sim installed message, I have tried out the recovery mode as well but even that is not helping me out, I have asked the same question in some other forum as well and there a guy had suggested me to try out resetting the network settings but then I am not able to try out the same as the phone is now stuck at the activation screen , only emergency calls etc, I just wanted to know if there is any solution that I can try out further??? Any help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.