Thread: Samsung Galaxy S: Cannot forward email attachment connected to Exchange

Samsung Galaxy S: Cannot forward email attachment connected to Exchange

I have recently bought the Samsung Galaxy S. I liked all the functions and the performance of the phone. But there is one problem with the email forwarding. Actually when I try to forward email attachments while connected to the exchange server then that is not working. I tried to do it many times and with many emails but the result was the same. I am not able to get the solution for this and so wanted to have some expert advice from here. I was looking in the manual of the phone that if it is mentioned there but it is also not mentioned there. If you people over here having any suggestion for this then please let me know that. Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to my post.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S: Cannot forward email attachment connected to Exchange

Are you using the default application from the Samsung? I have seen that there are many issues with the default application and so my suggestion to you is to try to make use of some other application and see if that works for you. There are a lot of applications that can be used in place of the default email application from the Samsung. Just open the Android market and from there you will get the applications. Just see the ratings of that particular application. It will be good to get the applications with the higher rating and that will give you better performance. If you are facing the same problem with all the application then please post back and we will try to get this problem solved in some other possible ways.

There can be many reasons for this problem. Changing the application is also one of the most possible reasons for this, but if that does not work for you then there are more chances that the problem is with the internet connection. So just check that if the internet connection that you are using is perfect and there is no problem from this side to confirm this, it will be better for you to contact with the network provider and they will tell you that if the issue is with the internet connection or not. Other than this, there could be also issue with the settings that you might have changed in the phone. If you are not able to get the exact setting that needs to be changed then it will be better for you to set the settings to the default. Don’t worry; it will not delete any of the data from, neither files nor contacts. It will just restore the settings to the default and if the problem persists in the mismatch settings then it will be resolved. Good Luck!!!

There is possibility that the problem is with the settings that you have made for the ICMP and POP3 for your device. I don’t think that it will be possible for you to set it on your own. Anyway what you can do is, just delete your exiting account which you have configured and then configure that over again. Once you are done with that then you can try to send that over again. There are some limitations for the file size and that might also lead to the issues like this. There are very less a user who knows about this problem. So you must ensure that you are making use of the suitable size of attachments. There are many more possibilities for this problem but it will be better for you if you can make these things clear.

I was also facing the same problem and none of the solutions working for this. Finally problem came as the firmware. So I updated the firmware to the latest version. When I did that then the problem get resolved. Older firmware version is having some problem and this is not just you and me, there are many of the other users who are facing the similar problem and who have performed the firmware update, for them this issue is resolved. This is very normal as it happens with many of the devices and also with other brands devices also and updating that to the latest version solves the problem. I hope that it will be same for you. If you have any further query then please reply me back.

What is the browser that you are using in your phone? I am asking this because I have gone through the same problem earlier when attachments are not allowing me to navigate to the phone folders. Reason for this is lack of the file explorer in the web browser that you are using. After that, I downloaded the Operamini for my phone and that is working great for me. Now it is possible for me to browse all the folders of my phone and attach any of the files in the email. I am also able to save the received files in any of the folders in my phone. So this is one of the most possible reasons and you must try with this once.