Thread: Samsung Galaxy S lock screen got changed

Samsung Galaxy S lock screen got changed

Hey everyone out here. Just today morning I have experienced a strange thing in my phone and what I found is that the lock screen of my phone i.e. Samsung galaxy s got changed and that’s what the big problem is. Well for the first time I saw a phone which is having a status bar at the top. Is it possible that some software update might have happened automatically and I am not aware of that, does this happen or not? That’s what I want to know. So is there any way by which I can correct this? I think my lock screen has been completely changed. I want to get back to the normal. So please help me with the same. I am waiting for the response from your side.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S lock screen got changed

See software update may happen automatically or manually it depends upon your phone’s settings. That’s what I want to say here. so if you have kept the phone updates in automatic then it will get updated automatically. See having the status bar at the top is not a big deal even my phone is having it. so that’s why there is no need to worry about it. Your lock screen hasn’t changed. So what do you mean by the status bar showing up. Means from so many days you weren’t having the status bar, is that what you were saying or you haven’t see the status bar there at the top. If you want then you can hide the status bar as well. I am giving out the following code for you make that changes in your “AndroidManifest.xml” file. So following is the code for you.

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
          package="de.vogella.android.temperature"
          android:versionCode="1"
          android:versionName="1.0">
        <application android:icon="@drawable/icon" android:label="@string/app_name">
            <activity android:name=".Convert"
                      android:label="@string/app_name"
                       android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" >
                <intent-filter>
                    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
                    <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
                </intent-filter>
            </activity>

</application>
        <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="9" />

</manifest>
    I hope I have answered out the query for you, anything else that you need to know about this phone then you can feel free to ask here. I will surely try and answer it out for you.