Thread: Change IMEI number using MTK tool.

Change IMEI number using MTK tool.

I have china mobile phone in which there is no imei number. With no imei I will be able to track it if it’s lost. I want to add the imei number of phone. How to change imei number can anyone suggest me how to change it?

Re: Change IMEI number using MTK tool.

I used mtk change imei tool. I suggest you to try this at your own risk or you can take help of any professional. With this tool you can only change the imei number of the phone nothing else you can do apart from it. It is easy to use this toll here is the step by step guide to use it. Run the mtk software and connect the device whose imei you want to change or add. Now click configuration button. Then click on the Enter configuration mode. It will prompt you to enter password the default password is MIDAM. In com setting select comport as 4 and don’t change baudrate and put tick mark on check writed imei. Then click on the operation tab. Input imei and then press start button and press the power key and hold it till it gets completed. This way your imei has been successfully written on the device.

You can also try to download Mobile uncle tool that can be used to change the IMEI number of your mobile phone. The steps first includes you to go to Engineer mode in mobile uncle tool. After that choose Engineer mode (MTK) and then go to CDS information and select Radio Information. Then choose phone 2 incase you would like to change sim2's imei number. After that you can see a command line with "AT+". Simply add this command to it AT+EGMR=1,10,” 15 digit YOUR NEW IMEI NO” and then press “send at command” button. After that restart your phone and check the IMEI number by pressing *#06#.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

There is also another method that I will show you. First go to Engineering mode with this code * # * # 3646633 # * # * and then type it on call. After that go to CDS info and then to Radio info. After that go to Phone1 and at the top there is a command line that begins with AT+". Simply type there "AT +EGMR=1,7,"IMEI_1" and hit send command. After it is done restart your phone.