Thread: HTC One X AT & T version and HTC One XL are different

HTC One X AT & T version and HTC One XL are different

Well I am little bit confused about this particular phone HTC One XL. There are lots of phones available in the market which are of AT & T version. However AT & T version is also known as HTC One X. I visited the offical website and found that HTC One X was having Tegra(International-non LTE) where as HTC One XL is having SnapDragon(International-LTE).
    HTC One X AT & T version is having different kind of LTE bands and it having international LTE. It can be mentioned as follow.
    LTE: 700/AWS
    WCDMA: 2100/1900/AWS/850
    EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900
    Whereas HTC One X (international) non-LTE
    2G/Edge Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
    3G/WCDMA Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
    HTC One XL (international) LTE
    2G/Edge Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
    3G/WCDMA Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
    LTE 1800 / 2600
    Let me know whether above mentioned things are true or false? I am really confused and let me know if you are having any information to share over here.

Re: HTC One X AT & T version and HTC One XL are different

Looking at the situation I wanted tell you something which would be useful to you. both HTC One X on AT&T and HTC One XL International are same devices. If you are wondering that both devices are different than you are completely wrong. Both the device are similar in terms of hardware as well as software. So both are in same development category. But still I am not having complete idea regarding the working of radio. But you can ask to AT & T people to get assistance on this particular thing. but I am sure that radios should be hard wired so that it can receiver some specific bands only. also radio should be attenuated so that you will be able to get different type of signal. Let me know if I have made any mistake and correct me as well.

I think the thing which you have mentioned in your post seems to be correct. Only one thing which I wanted to tell you that swapping can happened between different radios bands and it can be done without putting much efforts. I mean you will be able to swap the radios in S-OFF. However you might get a poor reception at your end. But I think AT & T would implement some kind of custom tweaks on radio files of the mobile network. however it won’t be applicable for international radio images. Rest of the thing would be same. even if AT & T is calling Phone as One X though it is One XL. I think it is same as that of Desire HD and Inspire 4G.

After going through all the above mentioned posts I have concluded that it seems to be hard discern bands with HTC. I researched a lot to get whether HTC Raider has AWS or not . so that we can use the device with Wind or Mobilicity. When I had a look on the box it was written that it was having LTE 1700/2100. So I am not sure about the thing that it would fall into AWS. However after doing lots of research work I found that it is not available with the device. so I have deiced that I would purchase the device. I am assuming that all the other devices are going to available at AT&T. both bands are on HSDPA. AWS=1700Mhz and it should work with T-mobile and other providers are using AWS for 3/4G service.

According to me One XL and AT&T One X are going to use different kind of radio bands however both of the radio are going to use same kind of radio firmware that is S-OFF. Also both One XL and the AT&T One X are having same codename which is Evita. It implies that HTC is considering both the devices identical in terms of development. Rogers unit is also known as ONE X even it is having support for LTE. LTE frequencies are working on 700/1700. Though it has been not declared officially. This particular frequency can be used for uploading but it cannot be used for downloading. Usually download frequencies are the one which can be seen by the people. I do agree that there will be swapping of radio as both mobile phone are using same kind of hardware. If we are able to get s-off then you will be able make use of ATT or T-Mobile at international level. There would be need of 32gigs vs 16 as well as FM tuner. The AT & T version of mobile phone will have support for AWS and 2100mhz. however it does not mean that AT&T version is 16gig and it is not having support for FM tuner. If the device is unlocked then it could get s-off and we will be able to put radio through AT&T version on unlocked international version. It would have 32gigs, FM Tuner. It would work with both AT&T and T-Mobile.

In this particular situation below mentioned information would be useful for you.
    If you are putting HTC One XL/AT&T One X radio image on HTC One X then it would brick you phone.
    As far as I know international unlocked version would work with AT&T, T-Mobile which are running AWS. However Edge would work with T Mobile on the unlocked international version the device.
    I don’t think so software would make difference in order to work out on the LTE chipset as well as all the hardware needed for radio. As far as I know there is no need to change Radio images at all. in fact I recommend that one should stay along with radio images which are provided by their carrier. They have managed to tweak the firmware in order to get best output from the network which they are providing. I am hoping that you have got the idea and if you are thinking that i am wrong then feel free to correct me.

I don’t think so there will not be chipset as which you have mentioned over here. I think the radio supposed to be different than only we are going to have s-off by any mean. It is possible if there is radio swap. As far as I know international version of HTC One XL is having capability to make use of LTE. Though there was some issue when I visited HTC Asia site. It was showing that AT&T version of phone is having support for WCDMA bands and it supposed to be 850/1900/2100 MHz. I was not able to get why AT & T was trying to deploy device which can be deployed by the competitors it self. T-Mobile G2X was supposed to use quad-band but when it was available in the market it was not having support for the same as well. you should not forget that HTC Asia Site is displaying international S4 version of HTC One X rather than that of AT & T version.