Thread: Which version of HTC One XL you prefer? 16GB or 32GB?

Which version of HTC One XL you prefer? 16GB or 32GB?

which version of HTC One XL would you prefer? 16GB or 32 GB. I found lots of things about this particular device which is going to come with AT&T version. I visited At & T website to get the idea but there was nothing . Let me know if you are aware of actual information about the thing which I have asked over here. any help on this particular matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Which version of HTC One XL you prefer? 16GB or 32GB?

As far as I know AT & T version of this particular phone was having 16GB. So i am bit disappointed after hearing this particular thing. it seems to be ok that they had change the processor just because of LTE compatibility. But it does not make any sense to decrease the storage device. also they have not provided expansion slot. Due to this particular reason I don’t wanted to purchase this particular phone. Another thing which I wanted to tell you that it wont have Tegra 3. Hence I am looking to get unlocked version of the phone. Since I am already having couple of LTE devices. As it supposed to be quad band 3G phone. It is not same as that of older version phone which were having support for 850/1900 3G

HTC One X is having 32Gb where as HTC One XL is having storage of 16GB if I am not wrong. Also One X will be available in UK and One XL supposed to be of AT & T version. I just wanted to know why someone would like to use more than that of 16GB of storage device. Well I have uploaded around 17GB of music on Google music. Whereas HTC is giving me around 25GB on dropbox to upload the pictures and videos as well. so that you will be able to get the difference. I have found that 16GB supposed to be an internal storage device where as 32GB supposed to be expandable storage. There would be lots of space available even after installing OS, number of apps and images and lots of data on 32Gb device. according to me 16GB device supposed to be really ok to use.

You should also consider NAND backup. Particularly when you are supposed to handle multiple backup for different kind of ROM. So I am sure it would take lots of storage space. Additionally HD videos, movies, high-resolution pictures, music, GPS map file would make 16GB storage device small enough. If you are thinking after adding a MicroSD card on your device would make the thing than you are wrong. You could also think about dropbox so that you can store large amount of files over there. but I am wondering that AT & T done great job. So tell me whether you would satisfied if your device having 16GB of storage capacity and not having any expansion slot at all. after using around couple of GB memory you might found yourself unhappy. It would be really frustrating thing if you are at the place when you are not having any access to files. However if you are on LTE then you are going to have higher bandwidth. In case you are using unlimited plan and you are supposed to downloading lots of movies and songs and at end you might disappointed with the storage capacity.

Personally I was really looking for this particular device eagerly but as it does not have expansion slot I would rethink to purchase it. additionally it is having non removal battery so I think there is no value for money. I know that there are some features associated with devices which are seems to be really amazing. Especially screen, camera and body same as that of Inspire which was I having.

According to me if you are using Google Music then its to have cloud storage. It would be really helpful if you are staying at US. If you are staying at Canada then you will have only XL and One S. both the device are having storage capacity of 16 GB. I am waiting for response from HTC if they can say why they have done. if they are looking to provide features which are available on iPhone such as expandable storage or non removable battery than Apple has provided some different type of storage options. So HTC people should not forget this particular point as well. if HTC One S, X/ XL are available into 16GB, 32Gb and 64 GB then they are supposed to sell a lot. Also if HTC would provide low storage in the next version of Phone then it would be really bad thing. if there is 16Gb of storage has been provided then we are going to get around 10 to 12 GB of storage to use. You will be able to load very less number of app, music and some other stuffs. I really don’t like to remove apps consistently from the phone.

Google Music can be used by US people. Even we will not be able to buy music from there. I already tried to purchase the music from over there but I was not able to do the same. you are not only one who is concerned about the internal storage device. rather there are number of people on the other forum who are concerned about the same. I could not get why One XL is not having storage capacity same as that of One X. according to me HTC supposed to provide different kind of option as far as storage options are concerned for the phones. If they do so then there will not be any need to make use of SD card. it seems to be great as they are going to provide the Dropbox service. But I don’t think so it would be available for free. as far as Canada is concerned there are 3 service plan available where in States we are having 2 plans. I think to have a cloud support would be really great.

I was viewing online video of HTC One X and I found that it was having SD card expansion slot. It was available at the top of the phone at the backside. It will be available at right side when you will have a look on the screen of phone. There is small hole exactly next to the slot so that you can slide a small pin to eject the cover of the SD card. if this particular thing is true then I think HTC has provided an hardware for SD card. however some carrier might not implemented this particular feature on the device.
    The Sprint announced that they are going to release the device with having MicroSD slot. I have pre ordered Rogers ONE XL. I have found that this particular device is available in white version only. It would have 16GB of storage where as international unit is going to provide 32Gb of storage. Hence I have pre ordered international version only.

I was really disappointed as current version of device was having 16GB of storage capacity only. I don’t think so there will not be any sense of surprise if US provides are trying to limiting the specs requirements. It may be associated with storage or devices which they are trying to subsidize to their network. as there would be limited internal storage and removal of external storage would make the device more dependent on services such as Multimedia on cloud. So it would result into more generation of money for service providers. So Unlimited Data does not means that you are going to consume the cell network. all the service providers are going to limit the amount of data plan consumed by every single end user in a single month. If that particular limit has been crossed by the end user then the charges are to be added in the bill itself. So they are going to generate more money. We know that there would Wi-Fi available at most of the places. So tell what would be more useful whether LTE/3G service which has been covered by the service provider everywhere around of you or finding Wi-Fi AP whenever you needed. I have found that new us provider are making the mobile phone which are having limited storage and there will not be any external storage. I can tell you the example of them. such as Nokia 900, HTC one X/X and Samsung Galaxy nexus. I don’t wanted to state that there has been an agreement made between service provider and mobile phone manufacture in order to implement limited storage capacity. However it seems to be that they are trying to limit the storage specification when they are supposed to order the phone from the phone manufacturer.

Well I do agree with the thing which you have stated over here. according to me this particular phone is having great look and feel. However if they are looking to spoil the usage of phone earn more profit r then we cannot do anything. If there was a microsd card slot then it supposed to be make significant difference in terms of usage. I think HTC people should learn the entire thing from the basic to get profitability standpoint. If they are placing version of the phone that only don’t work for them. the main thing should be attractive price. The production cost should be cheaper and increase the profit. In current world Samsung is going to crush the Android Market and HTC is looking to get some ground.

Well I am also having same feeling like you. according to me HTC supposed to be more competitive as far as HTC One X has been concerned. Well I am really disappointed as there was lack of sufficient amount of storage. So I don’t think so it could be useful to all the users who are looking to purchase this particular device. without having 32GB or 16GB MicroSD card this particular smartphone is going to be released by AT & T. I was a happy a lot as there was dual core rather than that of Quad Core. Also current version of mobile phones are having more CPU so I am sure about the thing that is more cores are going to generate better results.
    Previously I was using Qtek 8310 Windows mobile phone which developed by HTC only. It supposed to be first phone which was having WiFi, Mini SD slot and a 1.3 Mega Pixel camera. Even it was not having full size keyboard rather than it supposed to be of compact size. Once this particular phone got huge success they stopped to rebranding of their own phone only. I really loved that particular phone but started to use Samsung BlackJack II as it was having full keyboard. I am hoping that HTC would do the same thing with One X.